4gigs memory not working ???

Hey so I just picked up two more sticks of ram for my PC. I went to install them and when I turn it on nothing no power no spinning fans nothing...

So I figure hmm something might not be sitting right... So I re-seat the dimms. Well that didn't help so now I am in a little of a jam....

My current specs.

Asus P5N43-E SLI motherboard

The ram is the exact same ram as the old ram just newer.

Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX6400D2LLK2/2GN - Retail

The new stuff is the exact same stuff making 4gigs total ram.

Anyways after getting frustrated I decided to put the two old sticks back in to see if it would work. System is doing the same thing by not even powering on...

I even pulled the Bios battery and no luck there either....

At this point I am screwed it seems...

Try booting the system with just one stick (of the medley you seem to have...)

If you can get any of one stick to boot, run memtestx86 on the and check for errors, although Kingstons usually are good and do not have errors you could just be extremely unlucky.

Otherwise maybe your RAM slots are fried (for some sick and twisted reason?) and i doubt this one is true, but always leave the worst possible problem open :/

Good Luck :S

If you can get any of one stick to boot, run memtestx86 on the and check for errors, although Kingstons usually are good and do not have errors you could just be extremely unlucky.

Otherwise maybe your RAM slots are fried (for some sick and twisted reason?) and i doubt this one is true, but always leave the worst possible problem open :/

Yeah I know all the tricks and that, but I don't have a test rig where I can throw the sticks in to see if they are good. I cant even power on the system let alone get it to POST. I am right now going to re-seat everything on the system see if that dose anything... I tried all the different memory configurations I could try to even only trying to power it up with one stick..

Yeah I know all the tricks and that, but I don't have a test rig where I can throw the sticks in to see if they are good. I cant even power on the system let alone get it to POST. I am right now going to re-seat everything on the system see if that dose anything... I tried all the different memory configurations I could try to even only trying to power it up with one stick..

My motherboard supports upwards of 8gigs btw too...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131031

Well I am in the right direction...

I took the video card out and put it back in. I got the system to power on now.. However I am not getting any video now.... I don't have a speaker installed so I can't hear for any beeps... I

gotta find one...

Problem SOLVED!

Edited by greengiant912