Any Guitarists out there?

greengiant912

Hey, I was wondering if there are any guitarists out there. I recently picked it up, My Uncle had a 1967 Gibson Trini Lopez a Vintage guitar that I am trying to pick up in memory of him. Anyways I have been looking for some good online resources to kinda learn more cords and stuff. I have a few down but ya cant really do anything with just a few and well I am having trouble getting the strumming down on alot of the songs I am trying to play.

So anyone know of any good resources? I am kinda broke and cant really afford lessons at this time :(. A met a buddy of my friend last night and he taught me a few things which was pretty cool but I really wana start practicing on some stuff that will actually make me better at playing this thing.

Edited by greengiant912

Yea, there's quite a few guitarists out there...somewhere. However, around here I don't think there's too many. I've been playing about 7 years or so, and never really used any online sites. However there is a program called GuitarPro that has been pretty helpful to me. It's a program to view guitar tab and you can hear it played. Pretty usefl. If you don't feel like paying for it though, you can use, PowerTab. I'm not familiar with it, but I know it's similar to GuitarPro, but free, and you can just look up tabs on some websites online, like at Ultimateguitar.com

Hope this helps some.

aye fellow guitarist here, i have about 4-5 years of experience. I agree guitarpro has been a very great tool to learn from , but power tabs is still a pretty wonderful program still.

I find it amusing that you mentioned the price of the guitar in your post. I can only think of one reason to do that :rolleyes:

If you just want to get to quick jamming and playing a lot of tunes that are on the radio today, just have someone show you a "power cord". You can play those on any base note on the neck and quickly fill out your list of known cords :) It's actually quite amazing how many modern songs you can play with just a few open cords and a handful of power cords.

I find it amusing that you mentioned the price of the guitar in your post. I can only think of one reason to do that :rolleyes:

If you just want to get to quick jamming and playing a lot of tunes that are on the radio today, just have someone show you a "power cord". You can play those on any base note on the neck and quickly fill out your list of known cords :) It's actually quite amazing how many modern songs you can play with just a few open cords and a handful of power cords.

Yep. Doesn't this music generation suck.

I have been playing for 6 years now, I also must agree that guitarpro is great. It has helped me alot. i just find a song that i like and open it up in guitarpro. I never really had anyone teach me how to play. When I started out, my father just showed me C,G, and D. That was all that he taught me. He said to me "I taught myself and now you can do the same."

This generation of guitarist do suck. I enjoy classic rock back when solos actually had some complexity to them instead of someone doing a simple scale really fast or in harmony. You dont hear much like that any more in the mainstream of music and alot of times in anything other than mainstream. I wish people would go back to playing like the guitar greats, or at least start using more complex guitar playing in their songs.