7750BE normal operating temp.

hi guys, anyone here use 7750BE on their rig? cause i'm a bit curios about the normal temperature. mine is OEM so it does not come with the stock HSF so i use my old triton 70 HSF with tuniq tx2 and this is the number i got

[email protected] = 50 C idle 55 C load

[email protected] = 47 C idle 53 C load

[email protected] = 51 C idle 60 C load

so is this normal? cause my exhaust fan is spitting hot gasses, or maybe i should get a new HSF? :blink: i already lapped and reseat the HSF but nothing happen. this is really annoying since i try the HSF on my X4 9550 it barely tip the 50 C scale but this thing i have to undervolt the cpu ( luckily i have that option ) just to get it cooler. help me guys please :withstupid:

What are you using to track the temps? Are you using BIOS or something like speedfan? Seems a bit hot to me..

i use gigabyte easytune 6, i tried installing realtemp and coretemp but the cpu is not supported and reading from HWMonitor shows that cpu core temp is 34 C , i think HSF is not the problem cause it is warm all the way to the top meaning it transfer the heat properly. this is clearly not a reading anomaly cause it's really hot in there man :huh:

Well the best way to measure your temps is through your BIOS but assuming that easytune 6 isn't wrong then it is higher than what that cpu should be running at. Try a little wire managment, make sure that there isn't any excess dust in the case and if possible add another case fan to get more air flow going.. after that I suppose it's a new HS and fan. To maybe ease your worries, 60C isn't going to kill your cpu, it can go higher in temp and still be ok but it is high still like I said and if you want to do any OCing then it would be a problem. So long as it's stable if you can get better temps somehow great, if not then you're stuck with it like that.

Well the best way to measure your temps is through your BIOS

False... Bios' rarely report correct temperatures as they don't read the temp from the cpu cores, which is what is important.

@ OP:

you said you were running these settings:

now if i read this correctly, you are claiming to have 3.1 volts running through your processor at stock speeds? I was pretty sure that was a typo, because I don't know of any motherboard that can be set that high. I thought at first that you got voltages and GHz mixed up, but then you put [email protected], so now i'm confused. are you actually putting 2.7-3.5 volts through your processor? if so, count your lucky stars it didn't explode. if you aren't and this is a typo, what vcore voltage have you set in your bios?

also:

i think HSF is not the problem cause it is warm all the way to the top meaning it transfer the heat properly.

this is not entirely accurate. if a heatsink is hot along its entire length, all that means is that the heatsink is hot. it may even be indicative that the heatsink is not providing adequate cooling, as it is not dissipating heat quickly enough. a new heatsink should help with heat management.

If you are trying to overclock and using the stock heatsink that came with your chip (and assuming the temperatures you recorded are somewhat accurate) those temperatures don't seem too far-fetched.

Edited by Turophiliac

sorry guys, i did not notice that :withstupid: it's actually

not

anyway, can i downvolt the vcore more to get lower temps? say 1.25V? the stock performance is enough for me so OCing is not needed though i manage to pull out 3.35Ghz but the CPU is freaking hot. and another thing is i got all the cable managed and i got 2 X 12cm exhaust fan and 1 X 12cm + 1 X 14cm fan for intake so maybe it is time to change HSF? this is my HSF but with dual fan config

http://my.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=16&amp...amp;modelmenu=1