Sign in to follow this  
MINDSCI

4 months sober

Jim Bean is not 67% alcohol... The highest percent I saw on your link was 63%.... What is your problem? Can you read?

Normal Jim Beam is what...80 proof? This guy clearly just can't read in context. :lol:

The 67% he's talking about is from the distillation process...not the final product that anyone drinks.

Edited by Thewacokid

A second distillation in a pot still heats and condenses the liquid into

Firstly, ethanol is 100% alcohol...[ Ethanol, also called ethyl alcohol, pure alcohol, grain alcohol, or drinking alcohol]

Wow, you're an even bigger idiot than I thought. Of course ethanol is 100% alcohol, nobody is debating that fact. The amount of alcohol you get in alcoholic drinks is the percentage of alcohol to the other substances in it. So if you have an 80 proof drink, it's denoting that the drink is 40% absolute alcohol and 60% something else. It's not saying that it's using some weird form of ethanol that is only 40% as potent. It's simply referring to how diluted the ethanol is in that particular drink.

The OP made no mention of drinking 100% ethanol. Like you stated, he'd be a dead man if he were.

I think it's safe to say this stopped being at all constructive quite a while ago.

OP: Please feel free to make a new thread or PM a mod if you want this one opened again.