4 months sober

MINDSCI

I have a history of ethanol addiction.. I went on a binge. I have been trying to taper off via my Dr.s suggested method. But I'm having severe sweats, nasua and have vomitted blood(happened before). I know this is probably not an apropiate post, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ER visit here in MT is $ 550 bucks. :(

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a history of ethanol addiction.. I went on a binge. I have been trying to taper off via my Dr.s suggested method. But I'm having severe sweats, nasua and have vomitted blood(happened before). I know this is probably not an apropiate post, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ER visit here in MT is $ 550 bucks. :(

withdrawal from alcohol is dangerous and even deadly you'd be better off in a medically assisted detox where you can be properly medicated and monitored...if your doctor didn't tell you that he's a quack.... at the very least he shoulda prescribed librium and vistaril with stepdown titration instructions...you're very vulnerable right now so i suggest you have someone take you to emergency (500 dollars is cheaper than death) and tell them the truth about your alcohol/drug consumption...

withdrawal from alcohol is dangerous and even deadly you'd be better off in a medically assisted detox where you can be properly medicated and monitored...if your doctor didn't tell you that he's a quack.... at the very least he shoulda prescribed librium and vistaril with stepdown titration instructions...you're very vulnerable right now so i suggest you have someone take you to emergency (500 dollars is cheaper than death) and tell them the truth about your alcohol/drug consumption...

Thanks cjloki: I guess I need to bite the bullet and get to the ER. I think I'll Take a taxi. I'm starting to have partial seizures (Oculomoter). Thanks :(

Thanks cjloki: I guess I need to bite the bullet and get to the ER. I think I'll Take a taxi. I'm starting to have partial seizures (Oculomoter). Thanks :(

right on bro ....go get help...!!

Isn't death free?

Apparently not.... :lol:

What up with all these threads lately? First the pace maker help thread, then this? Since when has OCC become an online hospital :blink:

Usually when I'm on the verge of death I call 911 first, instead of going to the web......

Maybe that's just me

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

I have been to the emergency room for the same thing, they would not give me anything because I had been drinking and they dont want to mix anything with the alchohol, after hours and hours when alcohol had pretty much left my systems then they give me some Librium and paper work of where to go for help then discharged me. Emergency rooms are just that for emergencys...

I don't know about this...he's drinking ethanol? That stuff is not only used for fuel, it will make you blind. Alcohol addiction and drug abuse and recovery I am very aware of, but....ethanol?? And his Dr. only suggests "tapering off?" I 'm sorry, but I am having a problem believing this. That and he posts his problem on an internet computer forum? and judging by his pc and home theatre specs, he's a highly functional gas drinker. I have heard of people inhaling gas fumes until they pass out, but actually drinking this stuff WILL KILL you quick. But his Dr. doesn't see this as a bit abnormal??

I'm suprised he's still alive, IF...he's telling the truth, which i doubt. I think he's just yanking the forum chain, to be honest. Most substance abusers like alcoholics will drink alcohol that is meant for human consumption...he's talking about ethanol. I seriously doubt the truthfulness of his post. <_<

Edited by jaz