AMD9850 200ppd?

Renigade

Is this correct?

fahmonss.jpg

Only getting 200ppd on my AMD 9850 with 8 Gigs of ram?

my Crappy 8600 GT Silent is out preforming it ! ? ! ?

Running the CPU and GPU SMP's. XP Pro X64.

Should I not be running the -smp -verbosity 9?

Here is the contents of my client.cfg

[settings]

username=Renigade

team=12772

passkey=

asknet=no

machineid=1

bigpackets=big

extra_parms=-smp -verbosity 9

[http]

active=no

host=localhost

port=8080

usereg=no

[clienttype]

memory=6000

type=0

[core]

addr=

Thanks in advance: Renigade

Are you using the SMP core?

What core do you have the A1 or the 78?

I got it :) Thanks though.

Was a slight oversight on my part.. well got all my machines running last night. I also got FAHMon configured for 5 machines over 2X4 port routers and a 5 port switch.. LOL what a nightmare if you have never done it before. FAHmon estimated me at a little over 6kppd so now I'm trying to set up VMWare 2.0.0 and Ubuntu to boost my PPD a bit more.

I am eventualy going to set up a folding machine running straight Linux I have a X2 6000 kicking around (After my MSI K9MMV died), so I'm going to look for a board that will run 4 GPU cards. I will just buy 1 9600gx2 at a time (When cash flow permits). They look like they are putting out some nice PPD.

It's this time of year (Income tax) that I almost miss working for someone else and getting a refund. Instead I pay them every 3 Months :(

Unless the GTX260's preform better then the 9600GX2's. Still just a pipe dream for at least 3 weeks.

Oh yeah BTW.

Was a bit confused while setting up the GPU and CPU SMP's They both showed my 8 gigs of ram on the Mobo? My GPU only has 512...Does that mean I can allocate 6000 to CPU and the remaining 2192 to the GPU? or is that just a bug with the GPU SMP?

Currently I have it set it to CPU with 6000 and GPU with 512.

Thanks! Renigade

Oh yeah BTW.

Was a bit confused while setting up the GPU and CPU SMP's They both showed my 8 gigs of ram on the Mobo? My GPU only has 512...Does that mean I can allocate 6000 to CPU and the remaining 2192 to the GPU? or is that just a bug with the GPU SMP?

Currently I have it set it to CPU with 6000 and GPU with 512.

Thanks! Renigade

GPU doesn't have SMP, just a heads up. Also, don't worry about your GPU outperforming your CPU, they pretty much stomp everything as far as processors go. As for this memory question, I never change settings dealing with memory when I set up folding.