Need Ideas/Reassurance for Upgrade

LivingGhost

If you haven't purchased anything I'd get a 775 Q9450/Q9550 build or an AM2+ Phenom II 940 build.

You can still get your i7, but just wait until the next generation when they become the standard, get much more reasonably priced, and have six cores ;)

I'm not going to do that. I know it may sound really stupid, but I just will not upgrade my mobo and CPU again after so short a time. Would it not make much more sense to just sell my 920 when 32nm chips come out (and if I want to upgrade)? I don't see them requiring new mobos...

Also, coolers. My current one is slightly messed up, and I always need an excuse to spend more money. :P Noctua NH-U12P or a Thermalright?

I'm not going to do that. I know it may sound really stupid, but I just will not upgrade my mobo and CPU again after so short a time. Would it not make much more sense to just sell my 920 when 32nm chips come out (and if I want to upgrade)? I don't see them requiring new mobos...

Also, coolers. My current one is slightly messed up, and I always need an excuse to spend more money. :P Noctua NH-U12P or a Thermalright?

TRUE! (the cooler, not in agreement :P)

suit yourself regarding the build, the i7 will have to work harder for my dollar

or you could just but the phenom II 940 and a decent AM2+ mobo and wait for AMD to release there next generation of processers. The great thing about AMD is it is back/forward compatible. The only thing you will have to change is the CPU. Its worth considering