road-runner

What are the Black Trucks in a Presidential Motorcade?

...but what if they're in downtown Istanbul and a bunch of Muslims start using RPGs and heavy machine guns from a distance?

You see, this is why I love OCC! We're all good ol' boys from the grand ol' party and we couldn't give a care about anyone else! :D

Dude, that video has nothing to do with what those trucks are.

As for the actual function, all I can say is that they are more than meets the eye.

:thumbs-up:

You may want to talk to your CO about OPSEC.

You see, this is why I love OCC! We're all good ol' boys from the grand ol' party and we couldn't give a care about anyone else! :D

:lol: I didn't mean it like that. I specifically chose Istanbul for the example due to the religious conflict that's going on there. It's conceivable that an islamofascist cell would stage a strike on the president there. Sorry if I came across as ignorant.

Edited by LoArmistead

It's ignorant to say that a bunch of Muslims in a Muslim country are the most likely demographic to be the aggressors in a situation involving an attack on the President? What sort of politically correct class have you been taking?

It's ignorant to say that a bunch of Muslims in a Muslim country are the most likely demographic to be the aggressors in a situation involving an attack on the President? What sort of politically correct class have you been taking?

The US public school system. 12 years of PC classes. :lol:

There are no "mini-guns" in use on a Secret Service motorcade.

I repeat, there are no "mini-guns" in use by the Secret Service. The amount of collateral damage inflicted by such a weapon is wholly unacceptable.

There is no strategic use for a weapon like that in the Secret Service motorcade that accompanies the President or other foreign dignitaries that are protected by the Secret Service. If the Secret Service had any idea that there was even the most remote possibility that they would need that kind of firepower, there's no way they would allow the President in the area. It's not gonna happen!

As a witness to many Presidential, First Lady, Vice President and Congressional motorcades after hurricane Katrina including a visit on a 747 Air Force One, a VH-3 Sea King and a VH-60 Black Hawk Marine One, I've seen these vehicles up close.

As described by the our Secret Service guide, the entire motorcade is designed to keep the President in motion between two points that have controlled access. In the event of an attack of some kind, the motorcade will proceed to a primary or secondary extraction point or medical facility if the President has been injured. The big vehicles carry a fast response team as well as communications gear that may be required during the event.

BTW If any of you guys saw the National Geographic program on Marine one and remember where they had to stop filming for "security reasons" to make a stop between Quantico and the White House. This is where they were stopping. Anacostia Naval Station is where the "Nuclear Football" is kept between missions.

The building is inside a double fence perimeter with a killing zone much like a high security prison. I'm not sure why they made such a big deal about it being "secret" since the whole facility is quite visible from I-295 and Ronald Reagan Airport. It was at the airport that I first noticed Marine One landing and taking off from Anacostia. I asked a Sky-Cap why it was landing there and he knew.

Location link. Zoom out for context.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl...mp;t=h&z=17

There are no "mini-guns" in use on a Secret Service motorcade.

I repeat, there are no "mini-guns" in use by the Secret Service. The amount of collateral damage inflicted by such a weapon is wholly unacceptable.

I believe that, it's just common sense. In what case in the US could such an indiscriminate use of force be used? That kind of weapon is designed to just mow down everything in sight.