road-runner

What are the Black Trucks in a Presidential Motorcade?

I was wondering that too. I mean sure it's neat and it could mow down hordes of bad guys, but how often does the president find himself surrounded by hordes of bad guys? I mean I know they have to prepare for the worst, but I really can't envision a scenario where they'd use this. I'd think a few well-placed snipers would be infinitely more valuable than this in real situations, but then again I'm sure they have those as well :)

Possible vehicle based attacks is what I'd guess, though we use M-2s in Iraq when it comes to that.

Honestly, what are they going to do with these? Oh god, there's a guy with a pistol in the crowds of people watching the motorcade! Quick, kill everyone! This seems to go against the scalpel theory Obama so often mentioned.

??? these were in place WAY before anybody even knew who Obama was... but seriously, if you were the most recognizable figure in the world and you knew that there were entire countries that want to see you dead, wouldn't you want the ultimate protection? I know I would.

btw protocol for somebody with a gun in a crowd is a slight bit more covert than that... (yeah I know you were using hyperbole)

I was wondering that too. I mean sure it's neat and it could mow down hordes of bad guys, but how often does the president find himself surrounded by hordes of bad guys? I mean I know they have to prepare for the worst, but I really can't envision a scenario where they'd use this. I'd think a few well-placed snipers would be infinitely more valuable than this in real situations, but then again I'm sure they have those as well :)

There is no such thing as overkill when preventative measures are set in place. I'm sure a percentage of their existence is intimidation.

I was an AC-130U Gunship crew chief in the USAF for 4 years and it seemed like whenever a conflict started simmering we would show up shortly and usually didn't even fly any combat missions because fighting didn't ensue. Seems that nobody wants to start a fight when you have one of these licking its lips ready to strike.

Edited by krazypoloc

??? these were in place WAY before anybody even knew who Obama was... but seriously, if you were the most recognizable figure in the world and you knew that there were entire countries that want to see you dead, wouldn't you want the ultimate protection? I know I would.

btw protocol for somebody with a gun in a crowd is a slight bit more covert than that... (yeah I know you were using hyperbole)

Nope, they weren't in place before Obama was president. He specifically requested miniguns so his neo-fascist regime could mow down anyone anywhere. Honestly, and I don't mean to be joking or hyperbolic at all, but Obama is Hitler reincarnated.

Edited by Instag0

Nope, they weren't in place before Obama was president.

I'm hoping you're just being sarcastic, but the video is dated Nov 22, 2007.

Nope, they weren't in place before Obama was president. He specifically requested miniguns so his neo-fascist regime could mow down anyone anywhere. Honestly, and I don't mean to be joking or hyperbolic at all, but Obama is Hitler reincarnated.

It makes perfect sense why he requested those cars.

America isn't that too popular in the world when it comes to our policies and plus the fact that he's the first black American president adds even more enemies to his list. There's already been 3 attempts where people were arrested because they wanted to kill him.

I doubt he bought the cars to take out is political rivals.

Guys, security protocol is set by the Secret Service. I somehow doubt this idea was originated by Obama or even Bush.

Good god, I was joking ffs. I thought the mention of zombies, massacring crowds of innocents, the Hitler reference, and neo-fascism would give it away. :s

The prez goes out of town a lot... like foreign countries where RPGs and donkey bombs aren't as much of a rarity as they are in the states. I was actually thinking what on earth they would do if they were ambushed by a bunch of bad guys with bigger guns. Sure, a bunch of secret service guys with M4s and Sigs can hold off close range people, but what if they're in downtown Istanbul and a bunch of Muslims start using RPGs and heavy machine guns from a distance? Or with how nasty the situation is at the border, smuggling some heavy guns over the border is a piece of cake; Pick up RPG. Face north. Walk. Stop when you get to Browsville, El Paso, or Tucson. It's more likely now than ever that someone will try to blow up the motorcade. This, I believe, is tax dollars well spent.

Edited by LoArmistead

Dude, that video has nothing to do with what those trucks are.

As for the actual function, all I can say is that they are more than meets the eye.

:thumbs-up:

Edited by taowulf