What are the Black Trucks in a Presidential Motorcade?

road-runner

Got this from another forum, check it out...

What are the Black Trucks in a Presidential Motorcade?

What are the Black Trucks in a Presidential Motorcade? Have you ever

wondered what all those extra SUVs are in the Presidential or VIP

motorcades? You know the ones with blacked windows that no one gets

in or out of. Well, wonder no more. They have a 6-barreled 7.62 mm

mini gun. They fire over 4,000 rounds per minute.The wipers need to

be run to remove spent casings when the weapon is firing. This video

is from the company that makes this happen. The vehicle is also armor

plated.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6168989481667933909

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose they have these miniguns mounted so they can mow down the endless hordes of the undead, as they hobble towards the presidential motorcade through D.C.

Honestly, what are they going to do with these? Oh god, there's a guy with a pistol in the crowds of people watching the motorcade! Quick, kill everyone! This seems to go against the scalpel theory Obama so often mentioned.

Gunfire rains onto the unsuspecting crowd-goers as the president, listening to Don't Worry, Be Happy, zooms away.

Edited by Instag0

Honestly, what are they going to do with these? Oh god, there's a guy with a pistol in the crowds of people watching the motorcade! Quick, kill everyone! This seems to go against the scalpel theory Obama so often mentioned.

I was wondering that too. I mean sure it's neat and it could mow down hordes of bad guys, but how often does the president find himself surrounded by hordes of bad guys? I mean I know they have to prepare for the worst, but I really can't envision a scenario where they'd use this. I'd think a few well-placed snipers would be infinitely more valuable than this in real situations, but then again I'm sure they have those as well :)

I was wondering that too. I mean sure it's neat and it could mow down hordes of bad guys, but how often does the president find himself surrounded by hordes of bad guys? I mean I know they have to prepare for the worst, but I really can't envision a scenario where they'd use this. I'd think a few well-placed snipers would be infinitely more valuable than this in real situations, but then again I'm sure they have those as well :)

Yea, this seems like overkill and kind of scares me to know that that is what is inside those.

There probably just used for intimidation purposes to make some one think twice before attacking the president.

I doubt you really need to use these when the president is in America but I could see the purpose of theses cars if the president was traveling in a 3rd world country or a country that doesn't give America a high approval rating.

I always thought that those cars were just full of secret service agents that would get out as soon as something bad happened. I didn't know they actually were cars with Vulcan guns.