Sign in to follow this  
razor

What I Heard Pres. Obama Say

Melodramatic much? The swing happens every forty years. We'll start swinging back to the right over the next three to four decades and then after the Republicans have had their way again, we'll start swinging back left. Rinse and repeat.

How DARE you bring history and fact into an internet discussion!

That's the President's job as leader of the nation. It's the same thing Bush did, he continued to say we were doing well when people didn't think we were. It's supposed to inspire people, to give them hope for a better tomorrow, regardless of how squalid conditions may seem at the moment.

When you have a President who's as cynical as the rest of us, you get Jimmy Carter, and we all know what happened to him.

We should re-elect Slick Willy back into office. So what if he let an intern give him a hummer, he did a good job.

he basically said 'we will win' over, and over, and over, and over. gotta love his confidense

I don't know what;s worse, our blind faith in Obama, or Obama's blind faith in the people.

Ever hear of the pendulum effect? (Heck marx talked about that). Obama is gonna make it swing so violently back to the right that it will be scared to ever go left again.

People don't have good memories when it comes to politics.

This is nothing new. In fact this same thing was going on 5-6 years ago when the Republicans had control of the house, senate, and the white house. I remember many people that were upset because pretty much any legislation that was written by a Republican would be passed and most of the Democrat legislation was vetoed Democrats wanted bipartisan and the Republicans would just dismiss it and make excesses just like the Democrats are doing know. The Republicans that are left today are acting the same way the Democrats acted when they were a minority. Sure right know they sound like they want whats best for the country and want to be bipartisan but when they start gaining Washington back that's going to disapear.

Right know the pendulum is probably the farthest to the left its going to be and over the next couple of elections (if the Democrats do a bad job) its going to start towards the right again. I think its a good thing that it works that way. Although there are some narrow minded people who think that an all left or an all right government would solve the problems its good that power changes from the left to the right every so many years. In that way one party fixes the problems of the past and the party creates new ideas and when things don't work out it flips to the other side and the process keeps repeating its self. If we had an all right or left government all the time nothing would get done and nothing would change.

I look at it just like the AMD vs Intel debate.

There are many fans on both sides which want and hope one side is going to leave the cpu business. However if that happened everyone would loose because there be no competition and no reason for the remaining cpu maker to keep making better cpu products at competitive prices.

So in the end you just end up just buying overpriced underdeveloped cpus.

When there's competition each side has to work hard to keep new things coming out and still be competitive about it.

There are many fans on both sides which want and hope one side is going to leave the cpu business. However if that happened everyone would loose because there be no competition and no reason for the remaining cpu maker to keep making better cpu products at competitive prices.

When there's competition each side has to work hard to keep new things coming out and still be competitive about it.

Except with this competition... It seems nobody wins. That I think is one problem with our system... If it were possible to not have supermajorities then we could all be better off. Our government would work better off of disagreement. How did federalists win over the anti-federalists? They made compromises.... so everyone could get what they want. In our government the only people who win are those who are on the side the pendulum is on but if we could be close to dead center.. where either side would have to negotiate with the other to pass a bill or to make a decision I think we could all win.

post-13596-1235585546_thumb.jpg

Speaking of this ad I would be interested in how many voted for Obama that now regret it.

Edited by Compxpert

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard on the forums yet.....

Processors are machines, they will do the same exact thing EVERY SINGLE TIME,

people are not, they are wildly unstable and what they do is seemingly effected by the weather.

Except with this competition... It seems nobody wins. That I think is one problem with our system... If it were possible to not have supermajorities then we could all be better off. Our government would work better off of disagreement. How did federalists win over the anti-federalists? They made compromises.... so everyone could get what they want. In our government the only people who win are those who are on the side the pendulum is on but if we could be close to dead center.. where either side would have to negotiate with the other to pass a bill or to make a decision I think we could all win.

post-13596-1235585546_thumb.jpg

Speaking of this ad I would be interested in how many voted for Obama that now regret it.

I agree with you a 100% in our current system nobody wins.

The way our system has developed is your either on the left or the right there is no middle or compromises. When there's a problem you can only solve it with a right or left winged solution all other ways are not considered. Although sometimes left or right winged solutions may work fine there not always appropriate for every situation.

Even en having Washington divided evenly among Democrats and Republicans wouldn't work because there both opposites of each other so its like try to push 2 magnet polls together nobody wants to leave there party boundaries in fear that if the other sides solution works they'll get kick out the next time election season comes around.

I didn't vote in the past election for that reason. I knew that it didn't really matter what side you voted for the result would be the same you got screwed.

The only way to fix this one way or another kind of politics is to start a new way of thinking in which you don't have to choose sides ( D ) or ( R ) among voters and politicians and start new political parties.

I don't think it's going to happen though because the Dems are the Reps got so much money and power and infulence it would be like starting a new software company to release operating systems that could compete with Microsoft windows products.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard on the forums yet.....

Processors are machines, they will do the same exact thing EVERY SINGLE TIME,

people are not, they are wildly unstable and what they do is seemingly effected by the weather.

You obviously didn't get my point because that's not what I was referring to.

- because of too much bad credit, which has been forced on the people and is eroding our financial foundations, we need more credit.

Ditto.

- our healthcare costs too much, and is out of reach for many americans. (the reason it costs so much is primarily because of absurd maplractice suits which require doctors to carry enormous malpractice insurance. the same people who sue over a hang nail are the same who borrow too much from banks and expect welfare and other handouts. the other main cause of high medical care costs is innovation - new drugs dont develop themselves, while new diseases do.)

There's a reason we are the #1 pharmaceutical producer in the world with the safest, strictest drug administration in the world. And anyone who believes putting ANYTHING into the hands of government to make it cheaper has been smoking too much crack. It might make some individuals pay less, making them "think" it's cheaper, when in reality it actually costs more per capita, it's just placing the majority of the costs on to the backs of other people.

- it's bad for a person who builds a successful company to buy curtains and jets for themselves - because it's bad for someone to create something good and make money from it.

Marx would be proud.

- it's good for a person who builds a failing business to get federal bailout money so that they can continue the practices that led to failure to begin with.

A very Democratic philosophy, indeed. While poorly run companies like Bank of America are growing throughout this process, companies that managed themselves efficiently over the past decade (such as our regional firm, BB&T), are hung out to dry. BB&T did the right thing and is effectively being punished for it. Awesome.

- it is the responsibility of the gov't to ensure that americans are insulated from their own fiscal stupidity, to the extent that my dog could buy a house and get bailed out on his mortgage

- captialism is bad. failing businesses cannot be allowed to fail. same applies to banks.

It's amazing how history has managed to pile the blame for this fiasco on free markets. It truly is the ultimate hoodwink of the 21st century.

- we cannot allow our childrens children to pay for the credit bungling of the last administration. we can, however, allow our childrens childrens childrens children to pay for the first stimulus package. their children will then pay for part two, which should be along shortly.

Now you are beginning to think like a modern Democrat. :thumbs-up: You may not have to be thrown into a re-education camp afterall.

I turned it off after 10 minutes. Some people see him as the second coming of Christ every time he opens his mouth, but all I see is an arrogant, condescending college professor trying to tell me I don't know something that I know. Maybe that's why so many stupid people are so entranced by him, but I've spent the last four years being "preached" to by pompous asses who don't know their dummies from their elbows; pompous asses just like him. And what Pelosi and Biden were doing behind him really annoyed me. Every time the speech came to a climax and the audience clapped, Pelosi and Biden were jittering and bouncing around in their chairs like a bunch of drunken gangstaz at a night club. Ridiculous.

What I liked was the subtle Marxist lingo telling "all of us to be prepared to make sacrifices for the common good." First thing that came to my mind:

Define "all of us" = the top 5%

Define "prepared to make sacrifices" = we are going to tax the life out of success and anyone else who is stupid enough to aspire to anything beyond living off the government dime.

Define "common good" = whatever the hell we define it to be at any given time, under any given circumstance, in any given mood. Accept it.

And the guy was talking like were are at the end of the world or something! His words sounded so desperate and clingy, the only thing I could think of was that scene on Independence Day when Bill Pullman was standing there shouting, "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on!" Jesus, Barry, it isn't the end of the world, our cities haven't been flattened, it's only an economic recession that you are in the process of making worse, stop talking like we are on the cusp of extinction. I think he went overboard trying to make up for his "it's-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it" mantra over the past weeks.

Edited by LoArmistead