Sign in to follow this  
razor

What I Heard Pres. Obama Say

- because of too much bad credit, which has been forced on the people and is eroding our financial foundations, we need more credit.

- our healthcare costs too much, and is out of reach for many americans. (the reason it costs so much is primarily because of absurd maplractice suits which require doctors to carry enormous malpractice insurance. the same people who sue over a hang nail are the same who borrow too much from banks and expect welfare and other handouts. the other main cause of high medical care costs is innovation - new drugs dont develop themselves, while new diseases do.)

- it's bad for a person who builds a successful company to buy curtains and jets for themselves - because it's bad for someone to create something good and make money from it.

- it's good for a person who builds a failing business to get federal bailout money so that they can continue the practices that led to failure to begin with.

- it is the responsibility of the gov't to ensure that americans are insulated from their own fiscal stupidity, to the extent that my dog could buy a house and get bailed out on his mortgage

- capitalism is bad. failing businesses cannot be allowed to fail. same applies to banks.

- we cannot allow our childrens children to pay for the credit bungling of the last administration. we can, however, allow our childrens childrens childrens children to pay for the first stimulus package. their children will then pay for part two, which should be along shortly.

I had to change the channel. He makes me sick. Change we can believe in eh? I believe it is going to be a nightmare of epic proportions for the next few years or so. People will

long for the days of the W.

People will long for the days of the W.

eh, maybe. I cant say I was a huge fan of the last 3-ish years of W's term, either. there was another thread in which participants pretty much agreed that both parties are pretty much the same now. Republicans used to be about smaller gov't, Constitutional freedoms, capitalism, and fewer taxes.

I'll long for a right-leaning President when the firearms restrictions start coming in. funny that those will also have a negative effect on Capitalism - for example, an unsubstantiated rumor from Canada has Obama already feeling out having the State Dept. cutting off the importation of firearms ammunition. also funny that this particular tactic will allow him to totally bypass Congress and start hammering away at gun owners at the same time.

:blink:

I love how some of those statements contradict with one another... If the public re-elects him they are seriously stupid.

Ever hear of the pendulum effect? (Heck marx talked about that). Obama is gonna make it swing so violently back to the right that it will be scared to ever go left again.

Edited by Compxpert

I love how some of those statements contradict with one another...

this was the main reason I posted what I did, not to add fuel to any party vs. party arguments currently smoldering in the Lounge. so much of this stuff just doesnt make sense...

Hitler gave really great speeches too :thumbs-up:.

It only took 6 posts this time for Godwin's Law to come into play :)

You know, the more politicians talk about this stuff, the more convinced I am that nobody really knows what the hell is going on and what to do about it. Although that was pretty obvious from the beginning I guess.

Ever hear of the pendulum effect? (Heck marx talked about that). Obama is gonna make it swing so violently back to the right that it will be scared to ever go left again.

Melodramatic much? The swing happens every forty years. We'll start swinging back to the right over the next three to four decades and then after the Republicans have had their way again, we'll start swinging back left. Rinse and repeat.

I was hoping you'd stop by this thread Kash...I'd really like to hear what you thought of the speech tonite, if you've got some free time. consider it a personal request out of respect and interest. :)

I haven't actually seen it yet since I've been busy studying for my Contracts midterm (ok, that's a partial lie, I don't have cable and so couldn't watch it as it was broadcast and have to wait till it's on Youtube)

I haven't actually seen it yet since I've been busy studying for my Contracts midterm (ok, that's a partial lie, I don't have cable and so couldn't watch it as it was broadcast and have to wait till it's on Youtube)

You did not miss anything 75% of the time was spent clapping and him saying thank you, thank you...