OCC Folding = 35th Place!

paulktreg

So if I run Win XP 32 bit forget it?

Cheers

Paul

You can still use the Windows SMP client, which will work on x86 OSes. You can get it here. However I'm pretty sure a Pentium 4 will not be able to finish the WUs on time. Maybe if it's a HT version, if it's overclocked and if you leave it running 24/7. Try it out, you'll see!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting really confused now! :lol::blink:

Forget the Pentium 4 2.8, that is just a spare machine I hoped to use for folding and still probably will even if it's just a single Windows Systray CPU client.

I am currently running the Windows Systray GPU client and one Windows Systray CPU and getting somewhere in the region of 4750-5250 ppd on the system in my signature. Using this system what should I run for maximum folding productivity on Win XP 32 bit?

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulktreg

I'll try them and see how it goes.

Many Thanks

Paul

Wish I hadn't! :lol:

Everything's a mess now. The two clients are clashing somewhere. :blink: It's late I'll have a look tomorrow.

Back to Windows Systray for now.

Cheers

Paul

Wish I hadn't! :lol:

Everything's a mess now. The two clients are clashing somewhere. :blink: It's late I'll have a look tomorrow.

Back to Windows Systray for now.

Cheers

Paul

I'm guessing that you have the machine ID set to the same for both of them. The biggest PPD will come from running Linux SMP in VMWare instead of running the Windows SMP.