Building A New Pc

icanrace

:rolleyes: Hey all. I am new here so I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not. I am wanting to build myself a new pc w/ the light up XP case. I was wanting to know if anyone here can point me in the right direction of what all I need to build a complete system. I would like to not spend more than a 1000.00 on the tower. I will spend money where it is needed and I will go the cheaper route where it isn't as important. Can any of you make me a list of what I will need to do this? Ex: case & power supply, motherboard etc.

Also anyone else that has an XP case, what do you think?

Do you want to go Intel or AMD? (please say amd...please say amd...please say amd...)

For your motherboard I would get either the Asus A7N8X, Abit NF7-S, or DFI NFII Ultra Infinity.

For CPU get a Athlon 2500+ barton. ANY barton core cpu would be great, but they all overclock about the same and the 2500+ is the cheapest.

Ram- Anything made my Mushkin, Corsair, or OCZ. Get at least pc3200. I would go with mushkin level 2 pc3500, but that stuff isn't cheap.

Video Card - depends on how much you can spend on it. Just make sure it has the word "radeon" and a number "9500" or bigger in its name, and also preferably the word "pro." B)

If you want more suggestions for other components (hard drive, sound, etc.) feel free to ask.

Well, my ideal gaming system with your budget would be...

AMD Athlon XP2500+ Barton Core processor

Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard

512MB PC3200 or 3500 RAM

120GB or bigger (Seagate or Western Digital) Serial ATA hard drive

Radeon 9600XT graphics card

400 watt or bigger power supply

52x24x52 CDRW Drive

DVD Rom (or RW if you have the money)

ThermalTake Volcano 12 CPU fan

Plenty of case fans for both intake and exhaust

Did I forget anything?