Stimulus Bill: Explained

Rokkaholik

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did not read this thread. drastic times call for drastic measures. putting a cap on salaries solves the worlds economic problems. why should 3% of the world have more buying power than the other 97% combined? it shouldn't. people should be less greedy. communism works, if you remove the absolute power corrupts absolutely factor. which is inherently a human flaw. no one needs to make a couple a million a year, it only takes away from those that can't. the more money these big executives make, the less there is for everyone else. its ridiculous to know that someone sitting an office (or a golf course) is making more in a year than most people make in 10 years. minimum wage should be increased to 20 dollars an hour. maximum wage should be capped to a couple million. everyone is happy, except the 3 percent who are making more than that. majority rules.

Edited by battery

It's called incentive and motivation. If you know that you can't materially benefit from your idea or invention, then there's no driving force for you to go through with it. In your effort to effect fairness, you've stalled human progress. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have our species continue to survive and advance rather than impose some silly hippy commune idea in an effort to help everybody.

i did not read this thread. drastic times call for drastic measures. putting a cap on salaries solves the worlds economic problems. why should 3% of the world have more buying power than the other 97% combined? it shouldn't. people should be less greedy. communism works, if you remove the absolute power corrupts absolutely factor. which is inherently a human flaw. no one needs to make a couple a million a year, it only takes away from those that can't. the more money these big executives make, the less there is for everyone else. its ridiculous to know that someone sitting an office (or a golf course) is making more in a year than most people make in 10 years. minimum wage should be increased to 20 dollars an hour. maximum wage should be capped to a couple million. everyone is happy, except the 3 percent who are making more than that. majority rules.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with this. Hard work deserves big rewards. Taking risks that pay off should yield big results.

Big wigs in big business making big dollars is not our problem. It's not what caused this. The fact that some people in those positions corrupt does not mean that we just eliminate those positions.

If you remove the rewards you remove the motivations, just like Kash said. You stagnate. And why? Because people who haven't made it big are jealous?

i disagree. if money is the only motivator people have in life, then its a much sadder place than i imagined. i do things because i enjoy doing things. not because they bring me great rewards and success. if making money is the only thing you enjoy then you're not doing any good. you're the guy cutting corners. i'm sure there would be plenty of people to walk in and take the place of all the people who decide "well screw this, i'm not making 50 mil a year anymore so i'm not gonna do it at all."

i'm removing myself from this conversation as of now. i forgot how pointless it is to argue over the internet.

Edited by battery

i disagree. if money is the only motivator people have in life, then its a much sadder place than i imagined. i do things because i enjoy doing things. not because they bring me great rewards and success. if making money is the only thing you enjoy then you're not doing any good. you're the guy cutting corners. i'm sure there would be plenty of people to walk in and take the place of all the people who decide "well screw this, i'm not making 50 mil a year anymore so i'm not gonna do it at all."

i'm removing myself from this conversation as of now. i forgot how pointless it is to argue over the internet.

So THAT'S why the USSR worked out so well for everyone. Now it all makes sense. It also explains the superb quality of living in Cuba and North Korea.

The true advances come from the dissatisfied, not from the comfortable.

i don't recall every saying anything about movie stars or professional athletes. don't put words in my mouth.

i blame interest and the people who survive on it. the people so wealthy that there children's children's children's children's will never have to work a day in their lives because they can survive off the interest that their forefather worked for. I blame the pure consumer.

There should be a limit. i don't know what it should be, but there should be one. Maybe if we put a cap on how much a person can inherit, it might be a better system?

if we're going to continue this discussion, let it be a discussion. don't make it into an argument.

Edited by battery

i don't recall every saying anything about movie stars or professional athletes. don't put words in my mouth.

i blame interest and the people who survive on it. the people so wealthy that there children's children's children's children's will never have to work a day in their lives because they can survive off the interest that their forefather worked for. I blame the pure consumer.

There should be a limit. i don't know what it should be, but there should be one. Maybe if we put a cap on how much a person can inherit, it might be a better system?

if we're going to continue this discussion, let it be a discussion. don't make it into an argument.

The people you talk about whose children's children's blah blah blah have worked their entire lives to build up their fortunes so exactly that would happen. movie stars and pro athletes are generally the people that have those jobs generally have that kind of money.. i'm for sure going to make sure that my future kids aren't going to be poor.

a limit on inheritance? seriously? and where would all that extra money go? the government? lawyers? bullcrap. anybody that has enough money that their kids/family could inherit it, should be able to give it to them.

Edited by Turophiliac

athletes don't that much. movie stars do, but they usually squander it. i'm talking about the guys who have net worths in the 100's of millions all the way up the multi-billionaires,

I advocate that you follow your own advice now.