Magnet On Mobo

I had an open case before I put everything in my Tempest and a magnet fell on the mobo, lol.

Still works!

was it on when it fell or off? I wouldn't imagine the magnet would do a whole lot to it if it was off, but on i'm not too sure about. those refrigerator magnets don't usually have enough power in them to really disrupt anything, maybe an old CRT monitor lol.

glad your mobo is fine. :)

Those refrigerator magnets don't usually have enough power in them to really disrupt anything, maybe an old CRT monitor lol.
Some fridge magnets barely hold themselves up let alone anything else.

You could bury your motherboard in fridge magnets and the only thing you'd have to worry about is physical damage...

There's nothing on your motherboard (or computer, for that matter) that could be damaged by normal magnets. Even neodymium magnets aren't strong enough to do anything to your hard drives.

Edited by Thewacokid

:withstupid:

I fail to see the problem here. So a magnet fell onto your motherboard. Congratulations, that's less harmful than the dust floating around inside that nobody seems to make a big fuss over.

:withstupid:

I fail to see the problem here. So a magnet fell onto your motherboard. Congratulations, that's less harmful than the dust floating around inside that nobody seems to make a big fuss over.

:withstupid: I was wondering what it was supposed to do also, I magnatise my screwdrivers all the time and use them putting my rigs together. It handy for not dropping screws...