Xbox 360 To Have A Longer Life Than The Previous Generation?

r3d c0m3t

"Microsoft's (MSFT) first Xbox had a four-year run: The console debuted in 2001, and was succeeded by the Xbox 360 in 2005. But don't expect a new Xbox just because we're another four years out -- Microsoft Xbox chief Robbie Bach says the 360 will be it for a while longer.

Bloomberg: Bach made his entertainment and consumer-device division profitable last fiscal year after losing more than $3 billion in the previous two years. Now the executive said the quality of graphics on the Xbox 360 and its competitors, Nintendo's Wii and Sony's PlayStation 3, is so good that it will be more difficult to get gamers to buy a new version.

"Just coming up with something that's faster and prettier isn't going to be sufficient," said Bach, 47. "The life cycle for this generation of consoles

I will give the xbox 360 maybe another 2 years. im pretty sure we will hear something about a new console in the works by then. i find my 360 to be more then a gaming console when people are over its either playing music or watching a movie are showing off a demo with some friends. its almost as good as a htpc it plays games, movies, music, i also like the fact that you can play music while playing a game.

With the amount of money put into the Xbox360 and the PS3, I don't see either of them being supplanted anytime soon. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the current consoles are here to stay for at least another two to three years, maybe even four as I can't imagine Sony wanting to put out a new Playstation until the PS3 is somewhat profitable. As such, there's no pressure on Microsoft's part to try and "beat" Sony to the punch like it did with the 360.

funny thing is no matter what you say about pcs killing consoles the consoles are coming out with titles constantly LOL

but yea i am happy with all my next gen consoles esp the 360 if a new 360 came out i won't care i got enough out of my 360 so much games since release.