The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)

d3bruts1d

This one ranked right up there with the War of the Worlds remake that had Tom in it... a movie that didn't need to be made. Keanu really added nothing to the movie... it'd have been the same with anyone else in the role of Klaatu.

I thought the special effects were mediocre, and they were the best part about the entire film. Even went and saw the film on IMAX, which was no benefit.

I didn't know it when I saw the film, but the little kid in the film is played by Jaden Smith, Will Smith's son. Not that any of that did anything for the movie either. :lol:

Yeah remakes/reboots aren't usually my thing but some are pretty good.

WOTW was tolerable

Flight of the Phoenix was good, I haven't seen the original though

Gone in 60 Seconds was a good movie but didn't live up to its roots

Twelve Monkeys is a good movie although I haven't seen what its originally based on (so its not technically a remake)

3:10 to Yuma was alright but the original was better on that as well.

Death Race although no true to the original was at least entertaining.

Flight of the Phoenix was good but I haven't seen the original

Italian Job was tolerable, I've seen parts of the original but no the whole thing

Most horror remakes aren't that great either, one thing that I think will be an exception is the new Friday the 13th.

I heard a radio interview with the dude that plays Jason yesterday and from the sounds of it it may actually be good.

One very recent reboot (recent as in it rebooted a recent movie and recent as in it was recent) blew me away though:

The Hulk

Fricken' badass movie right there...

I really liked WotW, why am I so alone? Who cares if Tom's a nut in real life, get over it. It had good production values and the acting wasn't bad.

TDtESS, on the other hand, was a steaming pile of horse ****. I've seen more acting out of my bedroom door than in either J Con or Keanu- combined. The dialog contained therein was some of the most bland writing I've seen since Star Wars 3. I genuinely believe I could've written a more interesting movie. Not to mention the FX looked plasticy, and the plot was a cookie cutter, run of the mill, "social commentary" on the environment and Earth. At least with WotW you didn't have to worry about "oh, they're here because we're killing the planet". No, those suckers just wanted to harvest our bodies for resources. Much more interesting, IMO.

I really liked WotW, why am I so alone? Who cares if Tom's a nut in real life, get over it. It had good production values and the acting wasn't bad.

TDtESS, on the other hand, was a steaming pile of horse ****. I've seen more acting out of my bedroom door than in either J Con or Keanu- combined. The dialog contained therein was some of the most bland writing I've seen since Star Wars 3. I genuinely believe I could've written a more interesting movie. Not to mention the FX looked plasticy, and the plot was a cookie cutter, run of the mill, "social commentary" on the environment and Earth. At least with WotW you didn't have to worry about "oh, they're here because we're killing the planet". No, those suckers just wanted to harvest our bodies for resources. Much more interesting, IMO.

First off, I liked WotW as well. It wasn't as good as the book, but then again, it's one of my favorite books of all-time.

As for TDtESS, you're apparently failing to realize the point of the movie. Go watch the original. TDtESS is supposed to be a social commentary. The original touched upon people's fear of the cold war, which obviously isn't relevant in today's society.

As for your SW3 reference, I'm going to have to disagree there as well. 1&2 were horrid in the dialog, but I actually liked 3 very much.