Sign in to follow this  
a93j202k

Need Feedback On Near-future Build.

Just click on the green text in my sig.

Please rate on a scale from 1-10.

You're welcome to offer any alternate parts or brands I should go with.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

3 things I will not change:

Intel Chipset (no need for SLI/Crossfire)

Intel C2D (no need for a quad)

No more than $12 bucks a fan

Edited by hojin994

get a Phenom II 720 X3

a 780/790 chipset board of your choice

and if you end saving some money, get 2x2gb memory set (1066mhz)

the rest sounds grrrrrrrrrrrrreat lol

Good build but on the scythe fans, I own those fans, used them in my computer until the noise just about made me shoot myself. They are good fans with amazing airflow but they are very very very loud. its even worse when they are pulling through a grill or dust cover, think bathroom exhaust fan. I would definatly make sure your ok with a extremly loud computer before using those fans.

Good build but on the scythe fans, I own those fans, used them in my computer until the noise just about made me shoot myself. They are good fans with amazing airflow but they are very very very loud. its even worse when they are pulling through a grill or dust cover, think bathroom exhaust fan. I would definatly make sure your ok with a extremly loud computer before using those fans.

i have ultra kaze's which are rated louder than the slipstreams, I'd say just get a nice 20 dollar fan controller like me and make them whisper (they seem to perform just as good at the lowest fan setting)

i have ultra kaze's which are rated louder than the slipstreams, I'd say just get a nice 20 dollar fan controller like me and make them whisper (they seem to perform just as good at the lowest fan setting)

Did that and they burned out one of the channels :P

I would vote for Yate Loon for all your fans.

I would go with Nanoxia, but they are pricey and if you are on a tight budget, well.......

I vote for Yate Loon as well. I also vote for a 2x2 kit. For the small amount of monetary difference I can't see how you could justify not doing it. Otherwise everything looks pretty good.

I don't think SilenX fans live up to their specs.

I might consider Yate-Loons though, their price:performance factor seems pretty good (like the scythes).

:D

scythes own when it comes to cfm, second to none. (sorry to sound like I'm bragging since I own them, but it's true) the only fans that out-blew mine (yes haha), were a set from delta which were like 10 dba over mine.

I'd just get a quieter scythe, why don't you think silenx doesn't deliver their numbers?