Paypal Payment Holding On Electronics

Rokkaholik

:angry::angry::angry:

My brother just sold a set of Infinity Home Speakers on ebay. The buyer BUYS them and then turns around and wants him to ship 2-3 day shipping for the FREE SHIPPING price Tim put in the auction. Tim is new to ebay, so I recieved alot of calls from him about this crap. I told him that he can ship whatever he spec'd out as a free shipping price. If they guy wants them faster, he can pay for it.

Anyway..

He gets an e-mail from PayPal, and YES... It's real.. That his funds are on HOLD, so ship the item quickly. That made no sense to me, so I had him call PayPal. Aparently, they now hold funds on electronics until the buyer leaves positive feedback, or 21 days unless the buyer files a claim.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=x...ayments-outside

http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showthre...33064&fid=3

I may be going back to Money Orders and Cashiers Checks ONLY after this crap..... <_<

Pay Pal sucks, BIGTIME!

They got one of my Visa Cards stolen... :angry:

Then they didn't use the alternate credit card I had set up for Pay Pal to use if Funds were not available in my debit account. They didn't even check if it would authorize and ran it 3 TIMES at my debit account; they never once tried the credit card like they were supposed to. :angry: I got Slammed for NSF 3x by my bank. So I made Pay Pal eat Their Own mess and never paid them! Plus, the idiots never tried to use my card on file with them to try to get the funds- ha ha! :D

I now have a Firefox Addon: "Pay Pal Zapper" or something like that... If a web site is trying bill me through Pay Pal it alerts me instantly! Here is the link to PayPal Zapper- it's experimental so you just have to sign in to Firefox then you can download it- and it works!:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8955

I would have Donated to OCC a long time ago, but they use Pay Pal :( And, I have not written and mailed a check in years.

How come it seems as of late the seller is losing rights... and has not abilitly to stipulate terms of sale... After all ITS THEIR F'IN PRODUCT FOR SALE.... so It should be their right to place stipulations on the terms of sale.... EBay, paypal should have no right to tell the seller that ooo well u can't do that cus.. x reason even though its completely fair and would help the seller not get screwed by the buyer. Both buyer and seller should have equal rights.... If the seller says in auction that Free shipping was x days and user y wants it in 3 days for that free price despite it saying that free was 5 day.... rant... rant... rant....

I was pretty sure neither EvilBay nor Payscam used to be like this....

Lol we need our own revolution..... to fight for the rights of sellers...

EBay, paypal should have no right to tell the seller that ooo well u can't do that cus.. x reason even though its completely fair and would help the seller not get screwed by the buyer.

They absolutely do have the right to do that.

Tim is new to ebay

This is key. It's an anti-fraud measure when you have little or no history. My received payments aren't held.

PayPal doesn’t hold payments for eBay items if you meet the following:

* You have been an eBay member for 6-months or more, and

* Your total Feedback score is 100 or greater, and

* Your Buyer dissatisfaction percentage** is less than 5%.

Or

* Your average DSR is 4.5 or greater and

* Your have received 20 or more DSRs in the last 12-months

* Your buyer dissatisfaction percentage is less than 5%

I'd tell that guy to . off...if he wants 2-3 day shipping then he needs to pay for it instead of trying to take advantage of free shipping. When a seller says "free shipping" it means of the seller's choice. If a buyer wants something faster thats on them.

I don't see what the big deal is...

Buyer decides after 15-20 days they don't want the item, or they broke it, Switched it out with their bronen POS, etc... They file a bull**** claim and PayScam refunds them their money, just like they did with my last fiasco. PayPal assured him that they HOLD the money. It's already taken from the buyer and will be available to him after the buyer leaves Positive Feedback, or after 21 days. That will be another policy that scammers will take advantage of when it comes to claims. 3 weeks is PLENTY of time to USE something or break it, and then be able to return it, and the seller can do nothing about it.

Edited by Rokkaholik

This is key. It's an anti-fraud measure when you have little or no history. My received payments aren't held.

That must be new, because I never had that when I started on ebay. Tim has been on ebay for a while, but just started selling stuff recently.