Folding@Home Contest Has Begun

Bosco

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I keep losing SMP WU's. Probably 10k points worth in the past week. Very upsetting.

Windows? The windows client sucks, if you loose your network connection for only a second it will usually stall and trash the WU when you try to start it back up. Some times a reboot before starting it up will save it, sometimes you can save it with qfix. When I was using wireless long ago I hardly ever got a WU finished, ran a cable and its a lot better.

Windows? The windows client sucks, if you loose your network connection for only a second it will usually stall and trash the WU when you try to start it back up. Some times a reboot before starting it up will save it, sometimes you can save it with qfix. When I was using wireless long ago I hardly ever got a WU finished, ran a cable and its a lot better.

Nope, my native Linux box. It finishes the whole WU and then does nothing. I restart and lose it.

Now that I have it working properly, and have figured out how to enable flags, I am very pleased with the Mac OS X Universal Installer client. It isn't a console, it installs a preference pane in the System Preferences (equal to Control Panel in Windows), and is very easy to configure. I can't keep my wife from turning the computers off, though, and I am losing a lot of ground because of it. Oh well, I don't think staff can win anyway, but I have always wanted to contribute to the OCC FAH team since I joined the forum.

@RR: I am continuously amazed at the PPD and you can accomplish. Even more than that, I am amazed at the amount of quality systems that you have put together. It must be nice to be able to put your cash toward your hobby so much instead of a wife and a bunch of kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my wife and son, and the baby girl due any second now, I would just love to have the space, money and time to spend playing around with technology. Currently I am using an iMac and a MacBook; I traded my precious gaming PC for some serious photography equipment for my wife. She had better REALLY love me for that! I am going to have to move soon though, because our place is too small for us to add another child to it. Every doctor we saw said that we would not be able to have anymore children, so we figured a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath condo would be big enough for us. Soon I should have a house that will accommodate a room just for me to play in, so hoo-ray and :foldon: .

Nope, my native Linux box. It finishes the whole WU and then does nothing. I restart and lose it.

Your overclock may not be completely stable under the current OS platform that you are using, I have seen that happen before. Try setting everything to stock and see if it stops doing that.

Your overclock may not be completely stable under the current OS platform that you are using, I have seen that happen before. Try setting everything to stock and see if it stops doing that.

The thing is that it isn't every WU, which is confusing. I've been running it 24/7 stable at this speed for ~3 years now, most of the time under 100% F@H load so I don't feel its a stability issue.

is running 4 seperate folding console clients as good as running one SMP console client?

As far as i know the SMP clients support up to four cores, I would think that running just the SMP would be better because you would only be running one service instead of four.

As far as i know the SMP clients support up to four cores, I would think that running just the SMP would be better because you would only be running one service instead of four.

But other than convenience it's not any faster right? (I like all 5 of my windows going, it's cool)