Problems W/ Msconfig In Winxp

MrBurns

First I have to say, that I am from Austria (Europe), so maybe my English isnt perfect.

Since the moment I reinstalled WinXP after I formatted my XP-partition in my XP-98 dual-boot-system, msconfig doesnt work in the right way anymore: When I run msconfig in WinXP I first get 4 error-messages, that the files autoexec.bat, config.sys, system.ini and win.ini cannot be read, because the system doesnt find the set path. After this I get this error message: "The procedure entry point GetProcessFlags could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". After this my msconfig is a little incomplete (see screenshot): Only the tabs General and Startup (German: Allgemein and Autostart) are still there, and in Startup there are not all startup-programs I have.

Can anyone please help me?

Screenshot:

msconfig.jpg

would it normally look like this?

Also have you tried putting the WinXP cd in and restarting to the disk and selecting "repair the selected drive" - or something like that?

I didnt try to repar the drive and I will not do it, because I got this problem directly after formatting and reinstalling, so I dont think, that this wll help.:

I have WinXP configured to use the classical style, because I dont like the XP-style. When I change it to XP-style, it looks like this:

Edited by MrBurns

First I have to say, that C:\ is used for Win98 on my system and D:\ for WinXP.

I found out, that the msconfig doesnt exist in my D:\WINDOWS\system32 folder and that the path-variable was set to C:\ and D:\ directories, so I used the Win98 msconfig all the time. Now I use the XP-version, which I copied from the D:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache folder and everything works fine now. :D

Edited by MrBurns