Sign in to follow this  
d3bruts1d

Dollhouse [spoilers]

Seemed ok, gonna need to put in at least a few more episodes before I make a final decision.

Seemed ok, gonna need to put in at least a few more episodes before I make a final decision.

Agreed.

One article I read stated that apparently the second episode does a lot better job at explaining everything.

Yea, my biggest problem with the first episode is that you really didn't know what was going on for most of the episode. There was some sort of "treatment" but you didn't really have any idea as to what that treatment was until like near the end.

This seems to be very similar to that Bionic Woman show. You've got some secret organization, crazy science, a handler, various assignments, and Battlestar Galactica actors. Oh, and the obligatory hot female lead.

It'll probably be Sun before I actually get to watch it... working late tonight, BSG if I get home in time for it, and then VD tomorrow.

VD?

It was okay. I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll watch another episode before really deciding but it just didn't look all that great.

Oh, and the obligatory hot female lead.
Nowadays, it's hard to find a television show without at least one hot female, no matter what the genre. The producers have definitely figured out how to cater towards the male audience :lol: Edited by ClayMeow

Episode 2 comes on tonight (in like 10 min). I'm really hoping the rumors are true, and it does a better job at explaining thing.

I'm really curious as to who the hell thought this episode did a better job at explaining things. Either the studio switched episodes on the early reviewers, or they were smoking crack.

I thought this episode was better than the first (a lot more action-packed), but I felt the first episode explained more than this one as to what's actually going on.

I'm really curious as to who the hell thought this episode did a better job at explaining things. Either the studio switched episodes on the early reviewers, or they were smoking crack.

I thought this episode was better than the first (a lot more action-packed), but I felt the first episode explained more than this one as to what's actually going on.

Maybe there is a running joke with Fox against Whedon where they purposely won't let him have his designated first episode aired first?

They did the same thing with Firefly...

The only thing the episode really explained is the bond between Echo and her "handler". Still no clue who or what this company is or anything... oh yeah, and obviously the technology doesn't work nearly as good as they think it does.

Maybe there is a running joke with Fox against Whedon where they purposely won't let him have his designated first episode aired first?

They did the same thing with Firefly...

That wasn't just the first episode. That was dang near every episode.

Well at least we have an antagonist now, this Alpha character. The fact that there are now two people gunning for the Dollhouse, each with his own agenda, makes the show a bit more interesting rather than have the show be just a series of episodes where we see Eliza Dushku play dress up where it would be just another "monster-of-the-week" type of shows that we all know and love.

Anybody else notice that we now have two BSG actors on this show?

Well at least we have an antagonist now, this Alpha character. The fact that there are now two people gunning for the Dollhouse, each with his own agenda, makes the show a bit more interesting rather than have the show be just a series of episodes where we see Eliza Dushku play dress up where it would be just another "monster-of-the-week" type of shows that we all know and love.

Anybody else notice that we now have two BSG actors on this show?

The show has a pretty good cast...

Yeah, we have 'Helo' who I never cared much for in BSG... though I like Mark Sheppard, the lawyer from BSG. He has been in a lot of cool shows: Burn Notice, BSG, the Bionic Woman reboot, 24, Firefly, Chramed, andI think every version of CSI. :lol:

The handler guy was also on 24.