Dollhouse [spoilers]

d3bruts1d

I've got to say, I'm not loving it so far. A couple more episodes and I'm done. Truth be told, if it weren't for Whedon I would have never watched the first episode. It's starting to look like, at least in television, Whedon is a one and a half hit wonder (Angel only gets a .5 for being a spin off) . Kind of like Chris Carter who can't keep a show on the air for anything anymore (not that he's tried lately). Firefly/Serenity has a rabid internet following, but that just never turned into people actually watching the show.

I'd love to see Whedon spend more of his efforts on short projects like Doctor Horrible. I didn't love that either, but Whedon's comic book writer sensibilities really fit that style of program.

Speaking of comics, anyone reading Buffy: Season 8 or Angel: After the Fall?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think this would have been better on HBO? It annoys me when they have to blatantly hide nudity. Just makes those scenes seem stupid and campy compared to in a show like True Blood where they have no qualms about that stuff.

Eliza Dushku was quoted as saying that the show won't get into the gritty details, and consequently really interesting, until about the sixth episode. The first five were kept simple to rope in casual viewers while the hardcore Whedon fans would have to wait a couple episodes in to get their usual Whedon fix.

I was thinking that too, but nowadays it looks as though studios tend to wait till the end of a season before canceling a show, unless it's REALLY bad, in which case they'll get maybe a dozen episodes at the most.

Good episode. Didn't answer any questions, but not every episode has to, IMO.

Echo's gesture to Sierra at the end was interesting though. Does anyone else think she may be "retaining" some of her memory when it's supposedly being wiped? I dunno, it just seemed odd.

Yeah, she's certainly keeping some memories. She showed signs of that when she came back after being hunted as well. Though this implied that Sierra was also keeping memories.

I really enjoyed this episode... and surprisingly, the pop music wasn't half bad. I also lol'ed at the psycho Brittany comment.

Who was the redhead psycho guy? I know I've seen him in something else, but cannot place him.