-50c Overclocking Need Help.

losmi8

yea, go to eBay from time to time, and look for KryoTech. every month, someone is at least sellling 1 of them, they go for about $150. buy that, and i will tell you how to mod it for your p4..and for $150...you'll have some nice temps, and great speeds. and i am running it for almost 4 hours now, no condesation at all, and i just spend 10 bucks on the preventing tools...walmart to get some neoprne (pipe insulation), arctiv silver, dielectric grease, silicone, and some liquid tape. i will post some pics of this later, i also made a video, step by step, to show you how i did this, so if you wanna do the same thing, it will be really easy...keep searching eBay...i'll post pics later. im trying to fix my hard drive and other stuff right now, but i'll get back to you guys....

ps. do you think this is worth roughly $200 ? .. some feedback pleeease. thanks ha peace out

EDIT: I just got up to 3905Mhz at 277FSB, VCORE 2.9500V, DDR Refrence Voltage was at 2.85V, AGP 1.80V...Mode: Turbo. I don't want to push it anymore, I don't wanna mess up my CPU. I already got 1.1Ghz. Let me know what I should do.....

Edited by losmi8

I just got up to 3905Mhz at 277FSB, VCORE 2.9500V, DDR Refrence Voltage was at 2.85V, AGP 1.80V...Mode: Turbo. I don't want to push it anymore, I don't wanna mess up my CPU. I already got 1.1Ghz. Let me know what I should do.....

I really hope your joking about that high of vcore. Even if you meant to put 1.95v I hope your joking. That's impossible to run a p4 at that high of a vcore, that chip wouldn't last 10 minutes at idle. A P4 at 1.8v will start to tear apart, that's a known fact, how the heck can yours do 1.9+v? I've personally burnt 2 P4s up in my prommie at 1.75v under a Prime95 test, and my temps were way lower than yours. I'm not calling BS yet, but I seriously hope your vcore is reading wrong. You seem to be really new to this and I don't wanna see you mess things up.

is 1.8 Vcore on and AMD bad?!?

god i hope not, it's runing at that at home and i cant thake the day off!! man i hope i don't smell smoke when i get in.

LOL, for an AMD no. He's running a INTEL P4 in his sytem though. Completely different vcores.

nuke i have to see some sifsoft benchmarks with you over 4ghz pllleaaseee

I'm working on them now. I switched the Muskin Lv II I had in my 3.2EE for the OCZ PC4200 I had in my 2.8c rig. I'm re-installing XP Pro now on the new 74GB Raptors to get a fresh install before I start. The new RAM should allow me to run 4+GHz at a 1:1 instead of the 5:4 I was at. I'll get some screenies up as soon as I get them. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have something for you.

hhah, yea i was running at 1.9500 for couple min, nothing happend. i didn't know you can burn it, my temps were really low, -30. its not a prommie, but i didn't pay 1000 for it either. u r runnin at 4.3 with a 3.2 though, i was running 3.9 with a 2.8 HT. if i had a 3.2, id prbly get up that high, i dunno. but my main prob. is to get my hard drive back to normal....

i wanted to test my water cooling system i built, and the dangerden block RBX or something was bad, water was drippin all over the place..be careful when you buy those..

milos

hhah, yea i was running at 1.9500 for couple min, nothing happend. i didn't know you can burn it, my temps were really low, -30. its not a prommie, but i didn't pay 1000 for it either. u r runnin at 4.3 with a 3.2 though, i was running 3.9 with a 2.8 HT. if i had a 3.2, id prbly get up that high, i dunno. but my main prob. is to get my hard drive back to normal....

i wanted to test my water cooling system i built, and the dangerden block RBX or something was bad, water was drippin all over the place..be careful when you buy those..

milos

Yeah, it's a 3.2EE. I've hit 4GHz w/ the 2.8c in the prommie. And that was on a 1.65v vcore. The 3.2EE will do up to 4.4GHz, and that's stable. It's at 4.2GHz now for 24/7 use.

And I own a RBX in my H2O rig, it works with no problems or leaks. Tons of people on here have them with no problems either. Are you sure you had it installed it right?

look at the pic attached, my vcore is at 2 hah, im stupid i didn't know that was bad...oh well, my cpu is working...what temps are prommie users getting...is this a good temp compared to prommie... -25C and my CPU is running 1Ghz+ faster...