Noctua Socket Lga 1366 Cooler Tested

Nemo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, are the i7's really running 80c+ temps at load?! Am I reading that right? 58/67c at stock speeds on top-end air cooling?!

If that's the temps you're getting on very high end air, I think I've got yet another reason to stick with 775/AM2+ for now.

I don't understand what the problem is. They are built to run that hot.

It's winter now. How hot is that thing going to run when it's 85F in my computer room in the summer?

Answer: I'll never know because 84c is already too high for my liking. :P

Looks like a pretty nice cooler. BTW, what are the thermal spec on the i7's? Intel doesn't seem to list the thermal specs on the Processor Spec Finder yet...

idk what their max is but I know they run hotter on average since they have the integrated memory controller so I'd imagine they're designed for higher temps (though exactly how high I have no idea)

I always thought that although they put out more heat since they have more inside the cpu casing, that with a larger surface area a cooler could displace the heat just as well as with smaller cap chips.

idk what their max is but I know they run hotter on average since they have the integrated memory controller so I'd imagine they're designed for higher temps (though exactly how high I have no idea)

I always thought that although they put out more heat since they have more inside the cpu casing, that with a larger surface area a cooler could displace the heat just as well as with smaller cap chips.

I think they are going to have to squeeze some more heat pipes in there to get rid of the extra heat...

Man, are the i7's really running 80c+ temps at load?! Am I reading that right? 58/67c at stock speeds on top-end air cooling?!

If that's the temps you're getting on very high end air, I think I've got yet another reason to stick with 775/AM2+ for now.

My primary rig hits about 70 my secondary hit a 100 the other day and actually shut off <_ i ordered two of these coolers just waiting for them to show up src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)">