Socket 1156/1366 Oc Competition Thread

road-runner

OdBall-thatworks2.gif Nice one mk. Now you told me both your 920's were rubbish smile.gif

Well Thanks kitfit!

A good amount of voltage was needed to run these SPIs, not so much the Vcore but VTT and VDimm.

One is better then the other. They may have potential to run over 4GHz stable but I can only achieve this with voltage out of my comfort level or run low memory speeds. Maybe a little more time with the bios settings.

RIP old friend :( new board should be here soon :).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hit 4660mhz (Suicide shot) @ 1.550 volt on my i7 920 (D0) it ran for 20min at 50c 100% till i shut it off it was alot more stable then i thought so there is more to milk out of it but i dont no how to upload a simple pic????

Edited by ilikecheese

Wow, ok

So I must say I am a bit in awe by these OC's.

I have tried to get a stable run on 4+gzh with my system.

Anyone have suggestions on hitting over 4 and being

at least OCCT stable

I guess I will go first. :)

Batch Number: 3841A371

So my box for my chip is shyte, well the sticker is shyte right at the batch number.

Does anyone know of another way to find the batch?

This is what I can find this far, 3836___7

i go by the REVISION on CPU-Z, you want it to be D0 not C0/C1. C0/C1 is not bad just the D0 is better. i cant help with the batch

Sadly, I am stuck with C0/C1

Unless anyone can suggest a way to get the D0

• 5 weeks later...

This is just my first ones i will be pushing it harder when i get my new Chipset coolers and such so here we go

SuperPi 1m @ 4.2Ghz(200x21)

post-66770-1246897751_thumb.png

SuperPi 32m @ 4.2Ghz(200x21)

post-66770-1246897799_thumb.png

this is only the beginning and i consider not to bad for my first OC'ed computer!

W3520 on SS OCZ Cryo Z, EVGA Classified board...

Suicide 5215mhz

cpuzdij.jpg

Superpi 1m 7.875

signatureimgh.jpg

Superpi 32m 8m 2.234s

superpi32m.jpg

Huge Uncore clock there Dave. Jeez 4400+

The best I have so far is 4.1 on my DO 20 hour prime (Had to stop to do some more testing) OH BTW on AIR :O

DO_step_401gh_prime_air.jpg

This is the first part of the prossess of getting a clock out my Classified and 920.

The clock is 221x19 for 4.2ghz HT on, for some reason the classified always reports the clock a bit lower than it actually is. It's under phase as well.

I'd like to make a suggestion, do you think it would be a good idea to add 20 rounds of Linx set to use ALL ram. Linx is a killer of an app for sorting out the just stable and the truely stable, and it really comes into it's own on the 1366 platform.

25rih50.jpg

Edited by kitfit1

This is the first part of the prossess of getting a clock out my Classified and 920.

The clock is 221x19 for 4.2ghz HT on, for some reason the classified always reports the clock a bit lower than it actually is. It's under phase as well.

I'd like to make a suggestion, do you think it would be a good idea to add 20 rounds of Linx set to use ALL ram. Linx is a killer of an app for sorting out the just stable and the truely stable, and it really comes into it's own on the 1366 platform.

25rih50.jpg

I had not played with LinX for a while as I could be LinX stable but still not prime stable. Kind of like using the small FFT tests on prime 95. Only good for testing the CPU not the whole system

Only good for testing the CPU not the whole system

That's not the case if used with a 64Bit operating system utilizing all available ram.