XxHellxRaizerxX

Headphone Advice

the only intelligent response thus far.

Please, then do grace us with your unfathomable wisdom, oh great one!

He already stated he is thinking about the skull candy.

If you can read between the lines you would know his budget.

And throwing money at a pair of headphones in no way guarantees you a good pair.

I spent many days researching soundcards and heaphones before I made my choices.

(which were HTomega and AudioTechinca if you are curious)

Now,do you want to know why USB headphones are bad?

BECAUSE a lot of brands make you use the same USB port.

if you switch port you MUST reinstall the drivers.

Second, you can only ever ever use the headphones on a computer.

Third, some would question the sound quality, but that is subjective.

Fourth some USB/surround sound headphones require an external amp. (that means lots of cables and power button)

Fifth, many would argue the technology is not good enough to simulate real surround from games yet.

(meaning EAX5 games with stereo headphones work just as well)

If you must use surround headphones look at medussa/speed-link.

I have a set of Medusa NX 5.1 and really like em. Comfortable, sound great, mic works good.

http://www.medusa-usa.com/medusa-nx-51-gam...dset-p-954.html

I also got a set of JVC Harx700 for my GF. Those sound really good for cheap headphones.

http://www.buy.com/prod/jvc-ha-rx700-stere.../206897541.html

They really don't compare to each other- one being 5.1 and the other just stereo. But the JVC's are pretty good for music. They have a 50mm driver.

Hope this helps.

Oh I had a set of Zalman ZF6f (5.1 surround-not sure if that is right model#) and they were not that great. Not very comfy, sounded good, but not as good as the Medusa's.

And throwing money at a pair of headphones in no way guarantees you a good pair.

I spent many days researching soundcards and heaphones before I made my choices.

Fourth some USB/surround sound headphones require an external amp. (that means lots of cables and power button)

Fifth, many would argue the technology is not good enough to simulate real surround from games yet.

Well said :rolleyes:

well, here is my wisdom. there is no way to accurately advise him in his dilemma because the only information he provided is what he's considering to purchase. assuming that his budget is set at the price of those headphones is just wrong. assumption is the mother of all crap ups and does nothing but make an @ss out of you and me.

the majority of you just told him what you bought and/or that he should buy what you bought because its what you bought and you're happy with it. all i can say about most of the responses to this thread is that ignorance is bliss.

Edited by battery

I'm extreemly happy with my Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1 Headset

I Can only second that,those are the best gaming headphones i ever used very clear surround sound,,nice features(5.1,integrated amplifier,hardcore volume box,detachable mic,lighting etc.),you can actually pin point the location of enemy with eyes closed in CSS.I have tried these for gaming so far:

Creative Fatal1ty Professional Series Headset

Koss SB 40

Razer Barracuda HP-1

Barracudas give me the best surround sound i returned fatal1ty and SB40,they are also the most comfortable ones for me.

For gaming Razer,idk what for music...

Sennheisers are great cans, only brand of headphones I will ever use. :thumbs-up:

Definitely the Audiophiles top pick... They will blow you away, but they are a bit pricy.

sennheiser 500 and 600 series are great music cans, but not very good for gaming. they have relatively small sound stages which effects the immersiveness of the game and your ability to pinpoint a sounds location. the hd280 pro's on the other hand have fairly large sound stage but lack the warmth that sennheiser is known for. there are better compromises to be found from other companies.

the majority of you just told him what you bought and/or that he should buy what you bought because its what you bought and you're happy with it. all i can say about most of the responses to this thread is that ignorance is bliss.

:bah:

Wow...

How can this be considered that "ignorance is bliss"???

Seriously man, People can only give valid reviews on items that they own and/or have tried...

By the sounds of it your the one who seems to be ignorante.. But hey who are we to judge you since were just "ignorante" people.. :blink:

Giving an opinion on something you have never tried nore have never owned would be a poser.. :smack:

Also, I am sure this individual has done a bit of research on :google: and just didnt come in here blindly asking people what he should buy...

As well, if your not here to add your input on audio devices then keep your comments to yourself. People like you make new people to the board uncomfortable on giving their opinions, because of people like you who think their smarter then everybody else and have the omasity to call people ignorante.

Edited by NightHwk

I agree with battery and hardnrg, we really need more info on what the OP wants and what suits him best.

Battery is right on this one, we could give suggestions all day but we'd be able to give better ones if we knew what the OP wanted in a headset.

Edited by damian

:bah:

Wow...

How can this be considered that "ignorance is bliss"???

i have now idea what "this" or "that" refers to.

Seriously man, People can only give valid reviews on items that they own and/or have tried...

i completely disagree.

By the sounds of it your the one who seems to be ignorante.. But hey who are we to judge you since were just "ignorante" people.. :blink:

this is neither clever nor witty nor insulting. it is, however, not thought out, contradicting, and full of fail.

Giving an opinion on something you have never tried nore have never owned would be a poser.. :smack:

pretending like you know what you're talking about when you really don't makes you a poser.

Also, I am sure this individual has done a bit of research on :google: and just didnt come in here blindly asking people what he should buy...

you have no way to know that and assuming things is never a good idea.

As well, if your not here to add your input on audio devices then keep your comments to yourself. People like you make new people to the board uncomfortable on giving their opinions, because of people like you who think their smarter then everybody else and have the omasity to call people ignorante.

you're contradicting yourself here. i'm not here to make people comfortable, i'm here to educate. i don't think i'm smarter than everyone else, i know i'm smarter than most. i have no problem admitting when i'm wrong. in this case, i am not wrong.

What some of you have to realize is that not everyone is an audiophile and would rather get something that looks good. I know people who can't tell the difference (or don't care to notice) between $30 headphones and $150.

Though, I have to agree hardnrg's post is one of the better ones here, no one headphone does everything well.

Personally, I haven't heard those specific skullcandys. Based on what I have heard from skullcandy, they tend to be overpriced for what you get (SQ wise), but they do look really durable and look kinda cool.

i have now idea what "this" or "that" refers to.

i completely disagree.

this is neither clever nor witty nor insulting. it is, however, not thought out, contradicting, and full of fail.

pretending like you know what you're talking about when you really don't makes you a poser.

you have no way to know that and assuming things is never a good idea.

you're contradicting yourself here. i'm not here to make people comfortable, i'm here to educate. i don't think i'm smarter than everyone else, i know i'm smarter than most. i have no problem admitting when i'm wrong. in this case, i am not wrong.

:withstupid: