[Deal] Q9550 Open Box @ Zipzoomfly

Kingfisher

I personally would not by a cpu that someone has sent back, there is a reason they sent it back...

Yea, for me to buy it, then I would have open box MB, open box GPU and then an open box CPU. But I hear you, it's a risk.

You would pretty much know if the chip is bad right away though.

both my cpu and graphics card were purchased second hand. if it's a good deal, and it's from a legitimate vendor that will allow you to return a defective product then i don't see why you shouldn't save some money.

QFT. My Q9450, 2x2 kingstons, and raptor X were used and are running great.

Oh I am not saying they will not run great, there are a lot of people that return cpus if there not great overclockers though...

Exactly why I just can't pull the trigger on this deal but in your heart of hearts if you buy a chip and it can't clock are you sending it back?

A morality check is in order here.

Exactly why I just can't pull the trigger on this deal but in your heart of hearts if you buy a chip and it can't clock are you sending it back?

A morality check is in order here.

I kept all mine good and bad, however I have seen people on different forums send them back..

Couldn't resist and bought the damn thing, I even called up Intel and asked their tech support and sales team if they would honor the 3 year warranty and got a YES from both. Hopefully I can get some decent numbers from it.

Results to follow if anyone cares. :unsure: