2009: Post Your Desktop - Mac, Linux, Etc

d3bruts1d

alright, I might check a couple of those.

If you look into BusySync it only does iCal->Gal stuff... there is another program called SpanningSync that does the same thing, but can also sync Google Contacts to Address Book. Right now, I'm using a free trial of BusySync... going to try the other after this expires.

• 2 weeks later...

My dev box at work. I have the ripples on because it took too damn long to get TwinView working properly with Compiz. :lol:

It's the Red Hat box in my sig.

EDIT: Rofl, the PNG was over 4 MB. I guess a JPG will have to do.

I'll start it off i guess :)

This is a screenshot of Ubuntu 8.10 running a modified version of the 2.6.27-11 kernel designed for my hardware. The GTK theme is called LK_OSX_BB which is black on black. The sidebar is a Screenlet called "Sysmonitor" and the wallpaper os a Resident Evil wall with the Debian logo added. All can be found at Gnome-Look.org

post-21421-1233685932_thumb.jpg

That wallpaper is cool.:)

Edited by uneedav8

• 3 weeks later...

First action of 2009 of a nowadays not so active member, partially because this site doesn't work for me unless I "lie" and use a false Windows-user-agent (I've sent several mails about this to the admins, but since no one bothers to reply it might be a rare problem; nevertheless I won't waste my time changing my user agent just to login).

Plain desktop:

200903081507471280x1024.th.png

Busy desktop:

200903081512271280x1024.th.png

Edit: I know this isn't the place for this, but why not add some other info about the user-agent "silliness". Besides user-agent decides whether I'm logged in or not, it also enables or disables some of the thumbnails. It would be interesting to know what software this forum is built on.

Edited by KimTjik

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...