2009: Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the truck came to me in that condition. no extra doors. but i was thinking about getting some extra ones to do jsut that. that way i could remove the a/c compressor and free up some ponies.

the truck came to me in that condition. no extra doors. but i was thinking about getting some extra ones to do jsut that. that way i could remove the a/c compressor and free up some ponies.

We should race, see who can get our finished function truck out of two "junkers" first :) I've had the 93 for around 6 months now and haven done anything other than get it on the road to drive it and try to decide if I should rebuild the abused TBI 350 in it before pairing it with the brand-spankin' new (ok so 300ish miles isn't truly new, but you get the idea) 4L60E.

Also what the hell do you drive now that you would want to haul behind an S10 :lol: I can't tell if that trailer has brakes or not (at least one axle should be based on it's size) but i hope so for whatever you plan on towing with an S10 :lol:

lol my 85 c10. i've driven it since i was 16. i'm gonna fix it up one day. its a piece, but it runs...sometimes... oh and you'll probably beat me. i got laid off from work 2 weeks ago. coincidently the same time i started showing up here again lol.

Edited by battery

lol, well i'm spending this week moving into my dad's house. maybe i'll have time this upcoming weekend to go grab the other s10. my buddy is totally unmotivated though. i don't know if i'll be able to pry him away from sitting around doing nothing to help me go get it.

Nice...more pics of it? My dad has a '66 Fairlane and Galaxie. Got a 428 in the Fairlane that ran 12's in the 1/4 mile back when it was actually driven. Been sitting for the last 10 years or so. The Galaxie just has the stock 390.

Nice...more pics of it? My dad has a '66 Fairlane and Galaxie. Got a 428 in the Fairlane that ran 12's in the 1/4 mile back when it was actually driven. Been sitting for the last 10 years or so. The Galaxie just has the stock 390.

I will look for some.This is a 351 HO thay only made this engine for 2 years it came in broncos and trucks from 84 to 86 and had a 4bbl carb stock and had better heads and valve train then there 2bbl counterparts after that they went to efi and all the 351s where the same. I went with this engine because it is strockable to a 406 CID thats a big small block. I wanted to keep the wight to a minimum.

Ya 351's are pretty good motors. I've got a '57 Fairlane myself as well. Gonna be putting a 302 I got for free in it I think. Or maybe the 429 we got laying around :D

But thats a project for another time. Focusing on the Jag atm.

I will look for some.This is a 351 HO thay only made this engine for 2 years it came in broncos and trucks from 84 to 86 and had a 4bbl carb stock and had better heads and valve train then there 2bbl counterparts after that they went to efi and all the 351s where the same. I went with this engine because it is strockable to a 406 CID thats a big small block. I wanted to keep the wight to a minimum.

The Cleveland 351 I'm assuming? Or the windsor?