2009: Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, weird terminology (taller rear end is shop talk for a higher final drive ratio) :lol:

Hmm, yeah, that's what I would expect...I guess I got kinda thrown off by your exhaust manifold.

I don't think I have any engine pictures, but I do have a youtube video of it idling. Another inline 6 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcofDu6ooe8

I think I need to degrease my engine sometime in the near future :P

Daaaaang that old Diesel sounds like a bloody tracktor :lol: Farm machinery FTW! My Straight-4 2.0 BMW Diesel (of course it's about a lightyear newer than yours) sounds infinitely quieter and more refined lol.

Daaaaang that old Diesel sounds like a bloody tracktor :lol: Farm machinery FTW! My Straight-4 2.0 BMW Diesel (of course it's about a lightyear newer than yours) sounds infinitely quieter and more refined lol.

Hahaha...and you want to know the funny thing? This engine is a sewing machine compared to my ol' 240D ('82). The injectors are nailing a little bit...I'll probably replace those myself and then check the injection pump timing, as well as switch to synthetic oil (to quiet the hydraulic valve lifters - they 'tick'). At highway speeds, you don't notice that it's a diesel :)

I think I'm thoroughly hooked on diesel...the only gasser I'd probably consider getting would be a later 500E (W124 body) and turning it into a turbocharged track toy. Those cars are the equivalent of a german sleeper (same body as mine...just an inch or two lower and flared fenders). They were built by Mercedes and Porsche (in Stuttgart).

• 2 months later...

Crappy cell pic but after ~$9200 in repairs my car is whole once again. After I got it back the first time the sunroof was messed up and they had broken the windshield wipers. :lol:

My insurance company must hate them for that...only $4000 over what was quoted. :P Got free tinting out of the deal though. :)

8133_690093894268_12704093_39829295_6063638_n.jpg

Crappy cell pic but after ~$9200 in repairs my car is whole once again. After I got it back the first time the sunroof was messed up and they had broken the windshield wipers. :lol:

My insurance company must hate them for that...only $4000 over what was quoted. :P Got free tinting out of the deal though. :)

8133_690093894268_12704093_39829295_6063638_n.jpg

Love the color!!!