2009: Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

Well a bit more stuff is wrong with the bike than I first said, needed a diaphram kit for fuel shutoff valve, I found it was leaking gas into the oil, upon further investigation no hole found in cylinder it was just flooding one carb because of the needed diaphram kit. Needs a speedometer cable. I cleaned all four carbs yesterday and set the idle. I bought it for $370 but I already have $80 in parts in it and probably another $50 by the time I am done but $500 for a good bike is not bad at all. I took it out for a spin again today an it has gobs of power and handles really well, I shifted into 2nd gear kinda hard and pulled the front tire off the ground so I think it's runnin real good.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a bit more stuff is wrong with the bike than I first said, needed a diaphram kit for fuel shutoff valve, I found it was leaking gas into the oil, upon further investigation no hole found in cylinder it was just flooding one carb because of the needed diaphram kit. Needs a speedometer cable. I cleaned all four carbs yesterday and set the idle. I bought it for $370 but I already have $80 in parts in it and probably another $50 by the time I am done but $500 for a good bike is not bad at all. I took it out for a spin again today an it has gobs of power and handles really well, I shifted into 2nd gear kinda hard and pulled the front tire off the ground so I think it's runnin real good.

Keep us posted on progress. I finally have the motor back together on my stang, new cams/valve springs installed, new clutch in, transmission in.

To do on Friday:

reinstall front drive accessories,(power steering pump etc,) reinstall driveshaft, valve covers, intake, change oil in motor and tranny. Then I am going to the dyno next week to get it tuned. Videos will be forthcoming. I am ready to get this off my plate. But if anyone needs any help swapping cams in an overhead valve motor, I have had just about everything go wrong that can so I am the guy to ask.

Whats to go wrong swapping cams? :D

I Know a guy who snapped one once because he didnt torque the bolts in sequence...or at least that was word of mouth.

I Dont see how its possible to snap a camshaft like that...then again, they are hardened...

reinstall front drive accessories,(power steering pump etc,) reinstall driveshaft, valve covers, intake, change oil in motor and tranny. Then I am going to the dyno next week to get it tuned. Videos will be forthcoming. I am ready to get this off my plate. But if anyone needs any help swapping cams in an overhead valve motor, I have had just about everything go wrong that can so I am the guy to ask.

Too bad you live in tx :D

I figure I might do cams sometime in the near future. Can't decide weather to do that, or wait and just buy a forged stroker block and get it ready for some boost :)

Edited by mrsinister

Keep us posted on progress. I finally have the motor back together on my stang, new cams/valve springs installed, new clutch in, transmission in.

To do on Friday:

I read a few pages back, and I said I was going to post pics of the car after I lowered the damn thing.... except that was like 4 months ago.... Here's some pics for ya Nalcyon. You frequent any stang forums? You should look into getting some fatter tires in back. Cams, heads, gears, and full boltons you should need it :)

Lowered on H&R super sports with front ISOs taken out. 2.25" drop on the front and 1.5 on the back, with 17x9 275 nittos up front and 17x10.6 315 nittos out back :D

100_0236.jpg

100_0179.jpg

100_0207.jpg

100_0169.jpg

100_0183.jpg

Thats a sick lookin stang myfriend. Mrsinister I would be proud of that.

Haha, thanks. I'm glad the time and money I put into it shows :)

Now why is that Mustang not sitting in my driveway? Nice ride mate!

Thanks. Aren't those cars really rare over there?

Yes and no, there are a few around, but people much rather get a BMW 330i or something along those lines to drop their money into :) That's the way I'd do it as well, there is no better engine on this planet than a BMW 3.0 Litre Straight Six! Those things are beyond bulletproof, have lots of power to start with, and loads of headroom to play with ;)

Thought I'd share my ride after browsing through and seeing some beautiful machines on the site. This is my fun little DD. A buddy of mine and I put the turbo on about 2 years ago, and its been going ever since. I am not trying to break any horsepower numbers by any means, just wanted to have something that was fun to drive and be able to get up and go when I need it to. Stock I had a beastly 98hp to the crank, now I am pushing right at 200hp, and in a 2000lb car, it will hold its own. Waiting until I finish college this year then either going to go k20, or a whole new platform all together. Thanks for lookin, and keep showing off those rides!

DSCF0444.jpg

DSCF0424-1.jpg

car2.jpg

0922071208.jpg

Speaking of sleepers...

I'm not saying its extremely fast but you would never expect that to be turbo'd, even if you don't street race it would still be funny as hell to pull on a few bigger vehicles...