2009: Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

Ohhh there is :D You ever heard a Golf V GTI flooring it? ;)

lol it kinda sounds like a 2 liter V4 flooring it. Have you ever heard a car with a chevy ZZ4 350 flooring it? I have, it feels like your bowels are going to come out of your chest. lol.

attached is a pic of my grandpa's car, the one with the ZZ4, it's crap quality because it's a picture of a picture, but you get the idea, 1932 Ford roadster, 355HP, jag rear end, underside is all chromed.

post-63781-1240472142_thumb.jpg

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you post a lope vid up. As soon as I throw in some 3.90's I'm going to get some cams...(all that's left without digging into the motor). I am getting my H&R Super sport springs tomorrow. Will have them installed by the weekend. I'll have to post up pics :) I think its gonna look like . :D

Yeah kinda. Most drag cars end up going the turbo route because once you get up past 1000 hp, its hard to continue with a blower. Turbos just have more options. I love the sound of a turbo, and I love the blower whine. I think eventually I'll end up putting a vortec kit on mine.... after I forge the motor :closedeyes:

Lope vids will be forthcoming let me caution you though, be prepared to be without your car for a long time if you swap cams with the motor in the car. In retrospect I wish I had just pulled the motor but at least the hard work is done. I will get pics when I am working on it this weekend but you have to drop the oil pan, remove all the pulleys and take off the whole front of the motor just to get to the timing chains!!!

and my .02 on super/turbocharing. Supercharging motors is usually cheaper however turbos can usually have the capability to add more power. But turbo prices have come down significantly in recent years. I like them both, the whine of the super, and the exhaust/waste gate action of the turbo.

you only really get the "whine" with a roots type of supercharger.....Centrifugal Superchargers not so much of whine..and mrsinister i wouid stay away from vortech superchargers....had to ship my unit out 4 times in 30k miles....2 times for oil leaks in housing....not fun...also 2 other times because of lock-ups which broke 2 of my belts because bearings went out and blades hit the housing.next year i am going for a sts rear mounted turbo setup put me in the 700-800 range.

Here's mine:

HPIM0267.jpg

2005 G35 Coupe:

Built GTM Block

Built GTM Transmission

PowerLab Single Turbo Kit (GT37R)

ProEFI EMS

Etc...

Wow, thats a lot of work! I have always had a soft spot for those infinitis, I think they are some of the prettiest cars of the modern era.

Here's mine:

HPIM0267.jpg

2005 G35 Coupe:

Built GTM Block

Built GTM Transmission

PowerLab Single Turbo Kit (GT37R)

ProEFI EMS

Etc...

cool, I like those infiniti's and they are definitely fast but the way they sound annoys me to the ends of the earth (350Z too). That way they muffle that 3.5L's exhaust just makes it sound groany and not throaty (hopefully you changed the exhaust)

Edited by IVIYTH0S