Omg 104,084 Ppd?

Renigade

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever considered using Compact Flash cards for your Linux only machines as hard drives? I imagine they take less power than traditional hard drives. I'm not sure if it would make too much of a difference, just wondering.

Have you ever considered using Compact Flash cards for your Linux only machines as hard drives? I imagine they take less power than traditional hard drives. I'm not sure if it would make too much of a difference, just wondering.

No I havent most are running on old IDE drives I bought long ago, however I do need to save some power. I think there is a way to run them without video cards also, I guess I should look into in may save some money on the rigs that are using smp only..

No I havent most are running on old IDE drives I bought long ago, however I do need to save some power. I think there is a way to run them without video cards also, I guess I should look into in may save some money on the rigs that are using smp only..

If you need help with this I could definitely help you set it up. You just need to set up an ssh server to access them remotely. This is how I manage my Ubuntu server box. Once you get it set up, it is real easy to check on it.

If you need help with this I could definitely help you set it up. You just need to set up an ssh server to access them remotely. This is how I manage my Ubuntu server box. Once you get it set up, it is real easy to check on it.

I wonder just how much power those cheap video cards are using with the monitor off?