Ocmooz's Occ Themed Wallpaper

ocmooz

Just something I thought I'd put together for myself and it turned out so well I thought I should share it.

OCC-SuperMassiveDesktop1.jpg

It took about 15 mins to make the fractal pattern and re-color it using ChaosPro and a few more to layer it up and add the OCC logo in Gimp.

Enjoy!

Edit: Bosco approved yay! Thanks Dave! :thumbs-up:

Edited by ocmooz

Just something I thought I'd put together for myself and it turned out so well I thought I should share it.

it's very beautiful and it looks like a lot of hard work went into it ocmooz but it seems to me the proper protocol is to run stuff like this by staff first and then put it out there on their ok...it is their logo and all....good work...!!

it's very beautiful and it looks like a lot of hard work went into it ocmooz but it seems to me the proper protocol is to run stuff like this by staff first and then put it out there on their ok...it is their logo and all....good work...!!

oops... maybe I should take it down till I get approval then. At any rate I got the resolution problem fixed (photoBucket nub here).Who should I ask for approval anyway? I'm sure I never read this in the rules, but it makes sense now that I think about it. Of course when I posted this I wasn't thinking... :rolleyes:

Edited by ocmooz

oops... maybe I should take it down till I get approval then. At any rate I got the resolution problem fixed (photoBucket nub here).Who should I ask for approval anyway? I'm sure I never read this in the rules, but it makes sense now that I think about it. Of course when I posted this I wasn't thinking... :rolleyes:

you're a good man oc....seeya around steam l4d....!!

I'd ask bosco or ccokeman.

I wasn't aware anything needed to be ran by anyone.

:blink:

:withstupid:

You don't need anyone's approval to make and post an OCC wallpaper. You're more than welcome to work on whatever you want and submit it here for other members to check out.

:withstupid:

You don't need anyone's approval to make and post an OCC wallpaper. You're more than welcome to work on whatever you want and submit it here for other members to check out.

Thanks for the clarification. I hope someone enjoys and cherishes what I did besides me. This forum is so great I thought it would be nice to start giving a little more than random advice on what I think is a good component etc. I'm working on a second one with a fractal and I'll add it to this post when I finish. Lets say that it will have some appeal with the ATI crowd (even though I'm in the green camp).

Did you use the OCC Logo linked in user bar contest thread?

If not, it's a transparent PNG, so you should be able to get the correct drop shadows and eliminate the solid colours present in the characters of the logo font (in the "O"s for example). :)

Did you use the OCC Logo linked in user bar contest thread?

If not, it's a transparent PNG, so you should be able to get the correct drop shadows and eliminate the solid colours present in the characters of the logo font (in the "O"s for example). :)

:blink: ummm I just copied it into a new .xcf and pasted it onto 2 transparent layers so I could use both parts separately by selecting it with fuzzy select. I'll have to try what you're talking about if I can figure that all out. You see, I'm quite the amateur at this. Anyways here are some more I cooked up or rather different color variations of a new wallpaper.

OCC theme colors:

LightnessForumColrs.jpg

Fi-ah!

Green

Grape

Original Fractal

Plain

Edited by ocmooz