Sign in to follow this  
vyroburn

Radeon 4850

Not trying to be an ., Ok maybe I am but is it a good idea to spend a day bashing a piece of hardware and then trying to sell it?

yeah but to be fair they were only bashing it towards WoW, so those of us who don't play would like it.

ya man, its not the hardware. and its not just me, there are like . tons of people having the same problems with the card. Like it said it plays all the other games that have far higher requirements just fine. It just doesn't work with wow on my system, it may work on a different mobo / cpu / memory set up. But something in the system or programming, or combination of hardware is not working in wow.

Should be a good deal for someone who wants a 4850 I mean the thing looks brand new, doesn't even have any dirt on the fans or heat sink.

And I do believe the last time I checked my reputation here was good enough to where people would believe that the card isn't physically defective.

Here is the Massive post dealing with wow frame rate issue with the 4000 Gen Readeon Cards 4850 / 4870 Radeon Issues in WoW

ya man, its not the hardware. and its not just me, there are like . tons of people having the same problems with the card. Like it said it plays all the other games that have far higher requirements just fine. It just doesn't work with wow on my system, it may work on a different mobo / cpu / memory set up. But something in the system or programming, or combination of hardware is not working in wow.

Should be a good deal for someone who wants a 4850 I mean the thing looks brand new, doesn't even have any dirt on the fans or heat sink.

And I do believe the last time I checked my reputation here was good enough to where people would believe that the card isn't physically defective.

Here is the Massive post dealing with wow frame rate issue with the 4000 Gen Readeon Cards 4850 / 4870 Radeon Issues in WoW

ya i hear even the 4870 get's the same frames you do, did you try the 9.1 drivers? they may have resolved the issue. If it fixes the problem I am going to ROFL. enjoy that 9800gt though that's agood card too

ya i hear even the 4870 get's the same frames you do, did you try the 9.1 drivers? they may have resolved the issue. If it fixes the problem I am going to ROFL. enjoy that 9800gt though that's agood card too

Just wondering, what does the 9.1 driver do? I just installed it, but I couldn't read the release notes D:

It may also be a WoW patch issue and the way they patch that game it may clear itself up if in fact that is the issue.

Ya if 9.1 fixes the problem then I will just face palm myself. Sigh, I will try tonight after work. But the 9800gt is on the way so I guess I will just throw the 4850 in the wives computer. shrug, or visa verse.

But I will do a /face palm for sure if it fixes it.

Ya if 9.1 fixes the problem then I will just face palm myself. Sigh, I will try tonight after work. But the 9800gt is on the way so I guess I will just throw the 4850 in the wives computer. shrug, or visa verse.

But I will do a /face palm for sure if it fixes it.

I'm starting to doubt that it will since it sounds like 9.1 is the dame drivers as 8.12 lol. You didn't ever try rolling back a driver version or two did ya?

Actually no, surprisingly enough I didn't. Will do tonight to try again, I may try my other mobo /cpu combo as well.

Well, nothing worked old drivers new drivers. Still poor frames in wow alone, other games its working great. I am baffled.

Just to back up the 4850...

I get 60 fps in WOW maxed 1680x1050

Sorry to hear your having problems though...Sorry I can't offer any advice.

Edited by aviduser

Well, nothing worked old drivers new drivers. Still poor frames in wow alone, other games its working great. I am baffled.

that's ok, you put forth the effort. Just don't use this as an excuse to hate ATI. i'm sure that card will make another quite happy :)

Just installed my new 4850 and playing WoW at max settings pegged at 60 fps with all hell breaking loose in certain zones or with no activity does not seem to matter, my monitors refresh rate is 60 btw. I do only run 1360x768 res though.

Not sure what may be going on with others with 4800 series cards and Wow and low frames.