Radeon 4850

vyroburn

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I def got everything related to ati off this Vista install, there apparently are just issues with these cards and world of warcraft, there is like a 50 page thread on people experiencing the same issues. So ya I would like to dump the card if possible, It seemed to work great in every other game other than WoW, I am sure its some code in the game or some part of the driver that doesn't agree with some aspect of the game. Shrug if I know.

Tell your friend, I will sell it for 100 USD shipped.

Ya I def got everything related to ati off this Vista install, there apparently are just issues with these cards and world of warcraft, there is like a 50 page thread on people experiencing the same issues. So ya I would like to dump the card if possible, It seemed to work great in every other game other than WoW, I am sure its some code in the game or some part of the driver that doesn't agree with some aspect of the game. Shrug if I know.

Tell your friend, I will sell it for 100 USD shipped.

try the new 9.1 drivers that came out, and if they still don't work I'll pass on the word that you are selling it. It's a shame that one game can ruin you having to get rid of a great video card, just don't be one of those people that doesn't buy ati/amd because of a certain developer's mistake. I will think less of you. I respect that you want the best performance but the blame must be directed in the proper direction.

I have always used AMD CPU's with great success. But every ATI card I have "tried", I always have problems with them. It may be the code in WoW, it may be the ATI drivers but seeing as thou I play WoW almost exclusively the card does me zero good at 30 frames, 15 in heavily populated areas. It runs far cry like a dream thou.

I really loved my old 9700pro thou =P

Well I may try the new drivers I may not. I will prob just buy a 8800gt and call it a day.