Tuniq Tower Replacement Screws

Kingfisher

Well, I was changing over from my old Asus P5B to my shiny new P5Q Pro and when I re-installed the Tuniq I popped one of the screws heads off.

Really feel dumb but the way the screw has two parts, the heads can separate easily if you use too much torque.

Anyways the part number is TO-RK04.

Anyone know where I could find replacements?

I sent several emails to Sunbeam techs but havent heard back from them in about a week now.

So far it is keeping temps just fine but I am worried about running the thing with the 4th screw missing. :unsure:

I lost my Tuniq's screws as well.

My solution was to hit the hardware store and get 4x screws, bolts and washers. It can be hard to find the right size and a little more effort to install but cheap and quick :S

I lost my Tuniq's screws as well.

My solution was to hit the hardware store and get 4x screws, bolts and washers. It can be hard to find the right size and a little more effort to install but cheap and quick :S

Did the same thing and 53 cents later I was back in business. Just bring one of the screws to the store with you and try to find something the same length or a bit longer.

Went to Home Depot and got some bolts and wingnuts.

I had to drill out the backplate because of course the screws they used were not available at the store.

works like new and actually a better design than Sunbeam's.

Now I can resume my quest to burn up this E6600. :thumbs-up:

Good solution to the problem. Are you still using the springs or just tightening the wing nuts down till they stop?

I am using the springs with a washer on top and then the wing nuts. The copper heatink is very secure. I will post some pictures later on. I'm out and about on a beautiful saturday.

am2 screws don't fit the s775 threads.

Yup, they are larger threads , like 6-32, the 775s are 4-40.

Anyways , here is a crappy pic of the mod I made, its solid, the springs still have a function and work great.

Temps are in low 20s idle and low 40s Celsius load @ my current clock of 3.24gh with 1.4v.

tuniq.jpg?t=1233451514

Edited by Kingfisher