Sign in to follow this  
mikozee

I Need Help! What Is The Difference Between These Two?!

So heres a laptop from Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218043606827

Notice the Model number is: P-7805u

Now here's a very similiar looking laptop on NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834101166

Notice the Model Number is: P-7801u

As far as I can tell, they're both the exact same laptop. Exact same spec, size, everything! The only difference I managed to find was the difference in weight; the first ones a tad bit heavier then the second.

That can't really be the reason why theres a $400 price difference, is there? (PS: Yes I know Newegg now sells it for $1199 but it was 1599 up until a couple of days ago). So whats the EXACT difference between these two?

the 7801u only listed a 320GB 5400RPM drive, not a 7200RPM, so even still, the 7805u is not an exact duplicate of the 7801u. from here

the 7801u only listed a 320GB 5400RPM drive, not a 7200RPM, so even still, the 7805u is not an exact duplicate of the 7801u. from here

Hmm... please enlighten me. Whats the difference between the two? I assume the 7805 is faster?

I didn't look at them, but a 7200 RPM drive will be faster than a 5400 RPM drive.