Anyone Here Shoot?

PaiN

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go shooting all the time. I own a Glock 27 .40 cal, Taurus 357 magnum revolver, 9mm Ruger, Springfield .45 XD, Mossberg 10 Gauge and a Remmington 12 Gauge. Go clay shooting in the desert all the time.

i own a browning a-bolt in h&h .375 and browning bda.380 semi auto that goes everywhere i go when i'm at my ranch in arizona...over here in ca they pretty much stay locked up...

i have guns and computers but don't own a decent camera so i took these off the web....

I'm pretty interested in target shooting, but seeing as I just turned 18 with no money, I'm not getting a gun anytime soon (My parents don't shoot even though both of their Dads were avid hunters).

i love shooting! my most favorite hobby. I've only got a .22LR marlin that I don't have any decent pics of, and a 20 ga. pump that I used for trap when I was little. but let's see If I can find some good pics of some of my dad's.

These are definitely some of my favorites to shoot, (from top down, Ruger mk II, .357mag, gov't .45.) you'd have to talk to my dad to get the brands of the bottom two.

DSC00418.jpg

Lol, here's a fun pic of me. (this is the .357mag and the .44mag)

[gunsnoidentity.jpg

If you couldn't tell from my signature, I love guns. I love the freedom granted to us by the nation's founders to own and shoot them, and I reject any politician or ideology that says otherwise. In the right to bear arms, we have a very special privilege that few other western nations have anymore, and I take pride in that.

I've never liked hunting, but I enjoy target shooting and trap shooting. I have a pretty extensive collection of pistols and long guns. Between revolvers and auto loaders, I definitely prefer auto loaders. I also like a little "meat" on my guns; wood and steel all the way. I guess I can see why people are attracted to the Saigas and the ARs, but they just don't appeal to me. Give me an M1A any day over those other rifles. the only exception I've ever made to the "wood and steel" motto is when I purchased my Glock, which I also adore.

And don't worry about sounding "political" when talking about guns. It's civilized sentiment like that that has allowed the anti-gun movement to advance as far as it has.

Please tell me you really don't believe that conspiracy.

Conspiracy? My NCOs are in on it, so are my fellow medics <_<. Any soldier is going to try to help a wounded soldier, especially a medic. In the field, a soldier who's obviously fatally wounded is going to get a giant shot of morphine and the medic's going to move onto to someone else. While it CAN kill, it isn't the primary goal of it. A 9mm, .22, or even a paintball can kill.

Yea, I do some clay disk shooting when I have time (sadly almost never anymore <_<) but I also go hunting :) I myself only own a Beretta 12 Gauge Over and Under, beautiful gun! I think I made a thread about it somewhere that went into political discussion

I'm gald to see interest. Responsible gun ownership(and shooting sports) are important. First, for protection againt the criminal element of society. Second, as the bulwark of our other rights and freedom in general.

Too answer some of the questions I saw(sry, if I missed any)

The AR is not used for "home defense" I have it for action shooting sports ("two gun" events) and for carbine trainning programs in my area, its also a blast to shoot on the range. Now, if the SHTF(. hits the fan)there is no question the AR is the "go to" rifle. Same with the M&P9, its an action shooter. The Taurus .357 is my fun shooter, I like to run .38 special and use it for "plate matches", when I do my part its surprisingly accurate.

As for real would defense and home defense, I keep the little PF-9 at hand all the time. Its easily carried, stored and handled, loaded with 9mm 124g JHP hydra-shok ammo, if ever needed it will do its job.