Problem Installing Any Os.

Kuronin

After making sure that I do not have anything plugged into the USB headers on my MOBO I would run a debug script for the hard drive. This basically will "wipe the boot sector info" from the drive... This will erase all and any partitions from the drive ... do not use it if your drive is partitioned or there is info on the drive you want saved as it will turn it into a "new" RAW drive....

I am not sure how to run a debug script, but what I did do is wipe all partitions on the drive using the LifeGuard utility and created a new NTFS partition. Same problem and error message remains.

I guess I could try clearing the USB headers, but I don't see how that could make a difference.

Also, to clarify the title, I have tried installing windows 7 x64, Vista x64, and XP x86 and x64.

Believe it or not I was having trouble installing Windows 7 beta with the same problem.. I was using a old dvd drive and changed it out with a new one and it installed with no problems.. the old dvd read fine prior to installation as well..

Edited by FUZi0N

Have you tried using a different CD/DVD drive? It may not be an issue with your HDD at all, rather the optical drive or something else attached to the system.

Additionally, some people have been able to get around this issue by burning the OS install disk at a slower speed.

I burned the CD at a lower speed and the problem fixed itself, after that I had a problem creating a dual boot with XP, but a change in optical drives solved that issue as well :)

Believe it or not I was having trouble installing Windows 7 beta with the same problem.. I was using a old dvd drive and changed it out with a new one and it installed with no problems.. the old dvd read fine prior to installation as well..

I burned the CD at a lower speed and the problem fixed itself, after that I had a problem creating a dual boot with XP, but a change in optical drives solved that issue as well :)

Damnit! I just ordered a new HDD. I don't have any other DVD drives lying around, I'll have to take one out of another rig.... just great.....