Problem Installing Any Os.

Kuronin

So I was frustrated with not being able to get Photoshop installed on Windows 7, so I decided to reinstall a copy of XP 64, however there was a errors (perhaps the disk was scratched?) so I decided to break off the install mid-format, then I get this error when I attempted to install Vista 64 or Windows 7 64:

102_1443.jpg

If anyone can give me any ideas on how to fix this, I will do it, I will also provide any requested information.

Optical drives and HDD was working perfectly prior to the installation.

Seatools for DOS: Put on a CD (make sure it's bootable, usually an option while burning, open up your boot priority when you turn you computer on, select your optical)

Western Digital has a similar arrangement (this is an example). Go WD Support > Downloads > SATA Hard Drives > [specific HDD]

I'm not sure if it actually makes a difference choosing your specific model, but, it's simple enough.

There are others, dependent on the manufacturer. I've also used the Hitachi one before.

If you don't want to use a CD, you can make a bootable USB drive (provided you have the appropriate DOS files). hardnrg has a guide here.

Have you tried using a different CD/DVD drive? It may not be an issue with your HDD at all, rather the optical drive or something else attached to the system.

Additionally, some people have been able to get around this issue by burning the OS install disk at a slower speed.

Have you tried using a different CD/DVD drive? It may not be an issue with your HDD at all, rather the optical drive or something else attached to the system.

Additionally, some people have been able to get around this issue by burning the OS install disk at a slower speed.

I don't understand how it could be the Optical Drive since the Seagate Lifeguard utility was booted from CD and the OS install disk is recognized and begins to install windows until it reaches that error. I usually burn the OS disk @8x because I know it cases problems, I have also used the disk on other PC's and it worked fine.

I guess it couldn't hurt to try.

Hello,

Have you changed any SATA settings in the BIOS (like RAID mode).

If not then do a full write 0 on the hard drive and try again.

Hey.

There is no RAID setup, it is a standalone HDD.

After making sure that I do not have anything plugged into the USB headers on my MOBO I would run a debug script for the hard drive. This basically will "wipe the boot sector info" from the drive... This will erase all and any partitions from the drive ... do not use it if your drive is partitioned or there is info on the drive you want saved as it will turn it into a "new" RAW drive....