Got 4.2ghz On E8500..need Moar Powah!!!

Marne_Aeok

S O B...........ive restarted and hardlocked so many times now it wont let me boot into the STOCK settings. my OS must be scrambled lol.

i used the repair option and im getting into windows but it crashes as soon as i gets into the blasted desktop. ive backed away from my goal of 4.6ghz

im settling for 4.5 if i can get it friggin stable again. GRRR. Apogee GT waterblock and Swiftech kit my (_(_)....this thing wont let me do what i want so im gonna pout :( - yes i know 4.5, if i can get it stable, is nothing to laugh at but still i want my 4.6 *cry*

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSL2008 hit it right on the head.....I read all the comments here regarding your clockage.....

Marne Aeok >>>>You need to step back and start over, establish the parameters of the ram ceiling and the CPU ceiling and the overall HTT ceiling, this has been pointed out several times, then, once you have figured all that out, BLEND them to get your best, stable, overclock for daily runnings.....suicide runs are a bit different, but the same rules apply, one change at a time, to see what is....

How can you expect to really understand stuffs without taking the time?.......

And, every cpu reacts a bit differently, you may just have one that tops out a bit lower than your expectations, beating yer head against the perverbial wall...

clock on....

laterzzzz............