SpeedMax

Antec 1200 And Dual Gtx 295's

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forums and have a little question here :rolleyes:

Will Dual GTX 295's fit perfectly in the Antec 1200?? I've heard reports on difficulties installing the 295's in this case. For your info i'm gonna be using the Rampage II Extreme Mobo for my new i7 Build.

hope to find answers ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

OMG... u know what... that case is damn big, huge, monster or WTV..... it will fit...

OMG... u know what... that case is damn big, huge, monster or WTV..... it will fit...

i'm sure it would fit..but i was wondering why some people at some other forum told me that I might have to remove some HDD Cage or whatever it is that i have to mod.. :unsure:

thanks for your reply bro.

They will fit without removing any HDD cage or modding. "Perfect" is correct. There's not much room between the g-card and HDDs.

I have a GTX 260 which is the same length as the GTX295 (10.5" according to NVidia specs)) The pic shows how tight the space is.

Takes awhile to load image full size image.

sideic3.th.jpg

That's kind of Ironic, considering that the 295 is just two 260's. I wonder how hot it gets......

That's kind of Ironic, considering that the 295 is just two 260's. I wonder how hot it gets......

EVGA has released a Backplate for the GTX 295 that could be very usefull

Btw..the 295 is two 280's not 260's !!!!So far from what i've read I've found out that the 295 doesn't heat up like the 260's or 280 gpu's.

EVGA GTX 295 Backplate

Edited by SpeedMax

Btw..the 295 is two 280's not 260's !!!!

It's halfway between them. If you look at the specs, it has 2x GTX280 GPUs, that is all 240 cores unlocked, but however it has 1792MB or RAM, which really is 2x896MB, the amount the GTX260 has. This 896MB is also on a 448-bit bus instead of the 512-bit the GTX280 has.

It's halfway between them. If you look at the specs, it has 2x GTX280 GPUs, that is all 240 cores unlocked, but however it has 1792MB or RAM, which really is 2x896MB, the amount the GTX260 has. This 896MB is also on a 448-bit bus instead of the 512-bit the GTX280 has.

Cool...thanks for the interesting info bro ;)

def will fit my 4870x2 in cross fire fits no issues along with my water cooling

excellent...thanks for your reply :)

EVGA has released a Backplate for the GTX 295 that could be very usefull

Btw..the 295 is two 280's not 260's !!!!So far from what i've read I've found out that the 295 doesn't heat up like the 260's or 280 gpu's.

EVGA GTX 295 Backplate

295 is combination of 260's clocks and 280's number of stream processors enabled its a hybrid :>

Edited by puni