d3bruts1d

Lost - Season 5 [spoilers]

The first episode was pretty good, the second left me bored.

I have such a love/hate relationship with Lost. I think they have a good story to tell but it just really bothers me the way they tell it. I really think they're just trying to save as much as possible for the very end and only giving what they absolutely have to in the meantime. I don't like that. It leaves me feeling strung along. It feels like it's written to stretch the life of the show as much as possible rather than giving the impression that the pacing was planned from the beginning. I'd much rather they spread the information over all the seasons so you're constantly getting some answers along with the new questions. I don't mind delayed gratification but I think six years is pushing it :P

There are so many plot devices that just seem to have been left behind for what feels like one giant reveal at the end. It feels more like one big punchline than a well written story.

Last night's episode was pretty good... it didn't do a whole lot, but at least it tied a few things/people together.

Of course, now we have the question

Just how old is Richard... and why does he wear eye liner.

:lol:

Next week's episode is titled "The Little Prince". I'm assuming that refers to Aaron.

Last night's episode was pretty good... it didn't do a whole lot, but at least it tied a few things/people together.

Of course, now we have the question

Just how old is Richard... and why does he wear eye liner.

Next week's episode is titled "The Little Prince". I'm assuming that refers to Aaron.

Damn, that episode was pretty boring to me right up until I found out that

Widmore was on the island!

Damn, that episode was pretty boring to me right up until I found out that

Widmore was on the island!

I thought the end was the least exciting of everything. :lol: I like how everything is starting to come together.

- Des has a son named Charlie.

- Widmore was an other... which I always expected as much.

- Richard is freeking old.

- We now know why Richard had been waiting for Locke, and why he showed up to "test" Locke when he was a kid.

- US Army was on the island testing the Hydrogen bomb.

- It looks like Faraday's mother is Ms. Hawking.

Which makes you wonder:

Is Des' son Charlie "The Charlie"?

and if so how effed up would that be?

That means that in order for him to have seen Charlie on the island he would have had to already had "his" Charlie and gone to Australia and then gone back in time somewhow.

But then in order for him to have named his son charlie he would have had to already have seen charlie which means that he would have had to had charlie already and have named charlie for charlie...

I dunno I'm confused

its just a big conundrum...

I doubt that is the case though...

Then Whidmore being on the island is weird as well...

I wonder how he got off the island?

and I wonder why he is trying to get back?

ahhhh...

I think I know...

he has now seen john at what?

20 years of age?

The girl near the H-bomb is going to go back and tell them what faraday said "that they are from the future", I bet that will stick in to his mind

I bet he sees him another time in the future at the same age (or younger) and now believes that the island holds the key to time travel.

I dunno maybe not, w just have no idea what flipping direction LOST can go...

and yeah, I though Richard was old before this episode now we know that he's at least 50 years older than we though...

The whole John-Richard thing is weird as hell too, he only met because john went into the past and told them to but now you have to wonder how that works?

Technically its impossible...

Like you said D3 its coming together but at the same time its getting pretty damn weird...

(not that it wasn't before)

Edited by Andrewr05

Ok, so who were the people in the canoes? Others? Other others? natives? People from a different plane crash? Then of course, when were they? There were water bottles from a different air liner...

Them going back to their own past and seeing Kate & Claire as well as the light from the hatch was cool. I wonder if we'll be getting more of this kind of thing during the season.

Pretty good episode. I'd like to know who the canoe people were. During the previews for next week my roommate was freaking out, it was hilarious.

Which makes you wonder:

Is Des' son Charlie "The Charlie"?

and if so how effed up would that be?

That means that in order for him to have seen Charlie on the island he would have had to already had "his" Charlie and gone to Australia and then gone back in time somewhow.

But then in order for him to have named his son charlie he would have had to already have seen charlie which means that he would have had to had charlie already and have named charlie for charlie...

I dunno I'm confused

its just a big conundrum...

I doubt that is the case though...

Errr...

He named his son "Charlie" in honor of Charlie. Charlie and him had a special bond on the island...they were best friends...and in the end, Charlie took his own life to save Desmond. There's not much you can say about Lost with 100% certainty, but this is one of them...and I honestly can't believe you were confused about that, of all things :P

Errr...

He named his son "Charlie" in honor of Charlie. Charlie and him had a special bond on the island...they were best friends...and in the end, Charlie took his own life to save Desmond. There's not much you can say about Lost with 100% certainty, but this is one of them...and I honestly can't believe you were confused about that, of all things :P

Charlie (Charles) is also the name of Penny's father, who kept them apart... while Charlie Pace is responsible for them being together.