New Better-trades Design

The_Goonie

Hey guys, been a while. I wonder if Bosco is still here? I did your old fire website years ago. If you read this, just curious what you think. Just built a new site and wanted some feedback. Be harsh if necessary! :)

better-trades stock reviews

Best,

J

I see you changed the stretching background; much better look. What is the purpose of this site NE way????

I see you changed the stretching background; much better look. What is the purpose of this site NE way????

yes, I did update the background. Was a simple fix. If anyone has Safari, can you tell me if it looks broken? I don't have an apple/mac to test in at the moment.

The purpose of the site is to simplify the stock market by giving people "dummy proof" reviews and provide insight as to what we look at when analyzing at stock or company.

Bosco, can we do a review of Overclockersclub? :)

Goonie, has it been so long that you forgot where the PM button was? lol :P

The site looks ok to me. The only problem I see is that on the right hand side of the main content section where the bottom bar of the header background meets isn't flush to me in FF 3.0.5

Goonie, has it been so long that you forgot where the PM button was? lol :P

The site looks ok to me. The only problem I see is that on the right hand side of the main content section where the bottom bar of the header background meets isn't flush to me in FF 3.0.5

I did PM him, but he never responded. Wasn't sure if he was still around. :unsure:

I'm not sure if you can code for different versions of FF. This has been baffling me for some time. Anyone know the hack to code for diff versions of FF? It looks fine to me, so I'm stumped!

the (small) thing that bothers me now is the horizontal white-grey gradient strip underneath the orange strip (with the navbar):

just to the right of the "featured" box, the white-grey gradient doesn't start right away, there is about a mouse cursor width of plain white... same for Fx 3.0.5 and IE 7.0.5730.13

Anyone know the hack to code for diff versions of FF?

it's possible by detecting the vendor/version, and writing conditional/switched code, but considered bad practise. Here is some example code anyway

maybe you should set up VMWare or Parallels, and configure one or more VMs with various browsers/versions to test the layout

• 4 months later...

in chrome there is a little graphic blip (pic attached)

IE8 gives me a "this page has an error, refreshed page in compatibility mode"

Firefox has no issues atm

Safari ... has the same issue as chrome that little graphic blip

pic:

bettertrades.jpg

I'd like to be able to click the large banner at the top to access the review and the Full Story button is horrible

The green arrow for the forum link should have a transparent background

in chrome there is a little graphic blip (pic attached)

IE8 gives me a "this page has an error, refreshed page in compatibility mode"

Firefox has no issues atm

Safari ... has the same issue as chrome that little graphic blip

I think I got it. Would you mind letting me know if it's fixed? The logo in the top left that says BetterTrades is now an image and has anti-alias text. Fixed the forums nav on the right side. Haven't tweaked the buttons yet in the main banners. Were you saying you'd like the ENTIRE Better Trades Stock Reviews banner section to clickable? The big image section with the 3 scrolling banners? Not sure where you were referring to the green button. Also trimmed the content down.