Can I Overclock A Brandname Computer?

ill faded sole

Yo! New to the forum and overclocking. I've read around and have the basic jist of overclocking. Now I know overclocking brandnames such as Hewlett Packard, Compaq (yes i know they are the same now), and/or Dell is pretty much hard becuase the processor's are locked. But I heard there are bio's hacks that allow you to change the bio's and thus change the multiplier. I want to know is this true? If so where can I find such a thing? And if NOT then what are possible solutions I can perform to overclock my computer

Computer:

HP Pavilion 533w

AMD 2100 XP+

Bio's: Unknown at this time

You cannot normally overclock namebrand computers due to the manufacturer locking the FSB on the computer. You may somehow be able to solder on your mobo even though its very dangerous! The only other possibility in overclocking your computer is looking for some third party out there that has created a program to unlock the clocks on your mobo. I don't know of any but have heard of them. The only way your going to overclock your comp is basically to build a new comp.

OMG all n00bs! First of all companys like sony and hp i belive use ASUS motherboards. You can eassily flash the bios back to the original bios. The companys put their own bios on those computers. Im think dell however uses their own motherboards. So dell no go.

OMG all n00bs! First of all companys like sony and hp i belive use ASUS motherboards. You can eassily flash the bios back to the original bios. The companys put their own bios on those computers. Im think dell however uses their own motherboards. So dell no go.

You can't always flash them. True, many pre-built mobos are made by asus. But they're not mobo's that you can just go buy at the store...they're custom made for compaq or whoever, and they use a custom proprietry bios. No flashing.