How To Add Attributes When [email protected] As A Service?

H2O

I just setup console client [email protected] as a service on my brother's computer. I used the fahsi020 as the installer, everything went smoothly and now the service is running.

Right now as it is, the service is running with no attributes [i think.] How can I add the following attributes to the [email protected] service -local -forceasm -verbosity 9? :huh:

I hope that I'm making myself clear, if not, ask. TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

first you have to make a shortcut to winfah.exe (a good place for the shortcut would be in the startup folder :D ) then right-click the shortcut and go to properties, put the attributes in the target like so......"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\winFAH.exe" -forcesse -advmethods -service

make sure there is a space between each one

That's not going to work though if he's running it as a service, since your not launching it from a shortcut. I don't know how fahsi020 works as I use firedaemon, but all you need to do then is find where in fahsi020 that it points to the path to run the program. Then just add those flags after it as Axces suggested putting in a shortcut... "C:\Program Files\[email protected]\winFAH.exe" -forcesse -advmethods -service.

Again I don't know how fahsi works, but it was very simple with firedaemon.

The reason I used FAHSI020 is because I didn't want to install firedaemon, I wanted a more direct solution to setting it as a service.

I never added to this post, but I did find the answer to my question so I'll post it here...

- First, be sure you have the ability to edit the registry (i.e. Admin privileges...don't worry, it will stop you if you don't have the power to edit it) and run 'regedit'.

- You want to look for the following registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services .

- There should be an entry under "Fah", "Folding", "Fold", or "[email protected]" (whatever the name of the service the install script created).

- Once you find that folder, click it and you should have 2 or 3 subfolders. One of the three will be named Parameters.

- If you click it, you should have some entries that show the working directory, the application, and the application parameters.

- You want to edit the application parameter string value with the switch you desire. After you edit and restart your service, you can check the FAHlog file to make sure your changes went through.

PS.

Make sure you are comfortable with editing the registry [a mistake might cause your computer to not function properly.]

Make sure you have disabled/stopped the folding service before editing the registry.

As I had posted previously in a different thread the two swicthes below are for their respective processors so make sure you use the correct one.

-forcesse works for AMD processors

-forceasm works for INTEL processors

I found another way to through the services console, just modify your FAH service and you should see something similar: (I know its a DNS service box, I am at work... :P )

All you have to do is stop the service, pop it in, then start it up again. You can't make chances to a service if it is running.