OCC Graphics Contest: Design An OCC Userbar

sdy284

Soo...

400x40

:blink:

Typo or are we just using non-standard UB sizes?

i wanted people to have the option go a little larger if necessary

after all, the winner will be chosen by the OCC community ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright as I said, I have been working on some userbars, and I have finally been happy with two styles I created, so I am going to share them with you guys so I can get some input, both are amazingly simple and my camera sucks. But here they are to appease the admins,

usbar1.jpg

usbar2.jpg

There are just the first of many, I have a few other styles I still need to work the kinks out of, but I need to go to work right now, so I look foward to input when I get back :D

Oh, and I will add animated titles to them as soon as I pick out a style I like best ^^

Way too busy, IMO. Very hard to read.

Well since only like 1 or 2 others have thrown anything up, here's something I came up with in about an hour using the GIMP. btw, I have never done anything like this before and my previous graphics designs have been limited to gray boxes for text on a website. I'm a programmer not an artist.

occAdmin.png

Well since only like 1 or 2 others have thrown anything up, here's something I came up with in about an hour using the GIMP. btw, I have never done anything like this before and my previous graphics designs have been limited to gray boxes for text on a website. I'm a programmer not an artist.

occAdmin.pngoccReviewer.png

occReviewEditor.pngoccSeniorReviewEditor.png

occNewsEditor.pngoccSeniorNewsEditor.png

occModerator.pngoccSeniorModerator.png

occMember.pngoccFoldingMember.png

occDonator.png

This is exactly why I think 400x40 is way too big...no offense to you...it's sdy's fault ;)

Flareback, that's a good design but I agree with Clay. They're pretty big.

Any chance you could make a set that are smaller? Like 20x300 or 20x350? You could keep the same basic design but just drop the "Overclockers Club" text and just have the title text (ie: Mod, Reviewer, etc.).

I'm going to shrink it vertically so there's not so much compression needed... allows for a higher framerate. Also, I know it needs the text changing :P

Edit: New version... under 20k, 256 colours :)

Edit 2: Fireworks said 19.5k... what the heck?

35cgyh2.gif